stephans laney

This is an easy one I went and puchased both of the two he was to have used..LIVE. If you go to Laney's website they confirm this. Laney models,VH100r and The GH100l. I seen photo's of both of these amps on stage with him. But you do know he uses Hughes & kettners now the Tri-amp, and alex Lifeson Model Tri-amp. They are rather $$$$. I am looking into getting the Lifeson Model. But you also know his main tone and effects come from his Rocktron Prophesy. I have seen him playing other amps.ie; Marshall,Hughes&Kettner,Brunetti all with the Prophesy as the preamp so this and the Hughes & Kettner Tubeman are his tone tools amps are amps. Plus he uses Magic software to record.

Jerich said:
This is an easy one I went and puchased both of the two he was to have used..LIVE. If you go to Laney's website they confirm this. Laney models,VH100r and The GH100l. I seen photo's of both of these amps on stage with him. But you do know he uses Hughes & kettners now the Tri-amp, and alex Lifeson Model Tri-amp. They are rather $$$$. I am looking into getting the Lifeson Model. But you also know his main tone and effects come from his Rocktron Prophesy. I have seen him playing other amps.ie; Marshall,Hughes&Kettner,Brunetti all with the Prophesy as the preamp so this and the Hughes & Kettner Tubeman are his tone tools amps are amps. Plus he uses Magic software to record.
thanx for the info bro :cool: by the way if u had the choice to buy a laney vh100r or a mesa dual rectifier which one would u go for?i mean are u are u happy with the sound of laney? :confused:

Laney all the way..this is why...The laney has more flexibility.. Cleans are like an old fender bass man..and the Distortion goes from mesa to soldao marshall..and you add a preamp to it IE; Rocktron Prophesy,Lee Jackson GP-1000. it sounds like a monster..the Mesa Is one dimensional it sounds likea mesa and Nothing else..I am sorry to slam Mesa if you like em' But i must say I am not a fan of the Mesa Rec scooped sound Neither is Stephan I am sure..due to the fact he doesn't use them either. The Hughes & Kettner Tri-amp that will sound like a Rec if you dialed it in right..it is one my wish list right now...hope i helped you..enjoyed of chat!!!!

hell yeah!!! the VH100R is like a monster power amp with a little bite to it! good luck with that Aid!!!! I was just looking at www.metaltronix.net seems like the amp guru himself Lee jackson :hotjump: is soon coming out with a new head!!! you might wanna hold up till we all hear this amp huh????

yeah ,why not bro?im preparing my band for next year so im not really in hurry :Spin: by the way what kind of amp are u using right now?

I have used quite a few in the last few years. I just purchased the Hughes&Kettner Tri (like stephan's) I like the MIDI option of it,now my Bradshaw pedal board can control all three channels with a flick of the switch.The third channel on this monster is INSANELY THICK!!. I am using the third channel wich is supposed to be the lead channel I am using it for my main crunch,channel two i am using for my lead tone,and channel one for cleans. I use a Eventide GTR 4500 and a Bradshaw Controller.I also have a BBE In the effects loop of the H&K. And Two Genz Benz 2x12 Flex cabs ( I just ordered a Splawn 4x12 Cab)Simple but useful. I am looking into getting the H&K tube man Pedal Board now, it is a Tube booster, with a taliored eq. I seen a few on ebay for under 100.00 so i wanna try one of those. Did you see my post about .the Lag Guitar? if not check it out. I am waiting till the Lee Jackson comes out too...I will own one of them. My dream rig will be this one split with an A-Y-B Tone Bone Amp switcher to use two different rigs (amp/cab)

Jerich said:
I have used quite a few in the last few years. I just purchased the Hughes&Kettner Tri (like stephan's) I like the MIDI option of it,now my Bradshaw pedal board can control all three channels with a flick of the switch.The third channel on this monster is INSANELY THICK!!. I am using the third channel wich is supposed to be the lead channel I am using it for my main crunch,channel two i am using for my lead tone,and channel one for cleans. I use a Eventide GTR 4500 and a Bradshaw Controller.I also have a BBE In the effects loop of the H&K. And Two Genz Benz 2x12 Flex cabs ( I just ordered a Splawn 4x12 Cab)Simple but useful. I am looking into getting the H&K tube man Pedal Board now, it is a Tube booster, with a taliored eq. I seen a few on ebay for under 100.00 so i wanna try one of those. Did you see my post about .the Lag Guitar? if not check it out. I am waiting till the Lee Jackson comes out too...I will own one of them. My dream rig will be this one split with an A-Y-B Tone Bone Amp switcher to use two different rigs (amp/cab)
wow awesome :loco: lots of cool stuff u got man:headbang: how u ever played framus amps?my friend recently bought the dragon top and it sounds damn sweet(cool shit for hardrock music) .and about the lag guitar ,i cant afford that right now :ill: but i totally would love to buy one in future. right now im trying to get a universe 7string :) im tired of my ibanez rg all the goddamn frets are gone man

Yeha! framus No i have never Played tried or seen one Hehe!!! Yeah The LAG is too Exspensive But I think I'm going to spring for it anyway . I have a BC rich WarLock seven string I am going to sell. Sorry to say I never liked Ibanez guitars always felt they sounded too thin. I did have a UV777GR with the maple neck a few years ago. Good luck though..I am still waiting on a lee jackson.