Steve DiGiorgio sucks!!!!!!!!

"hahahaha bet I got everyone's attention with that!

I am kidding,he is a GOD with the bass.
I truly admire him and his side projects
but I was really disappointed with him leaving Iced Earth
tho I am really happy with listening to Dark Hall"

-i´m genious, i knew that somebody is joking now

Sean Malone rocks, but your lines are very confused!

I think Steve is the best for all of your works, including the jazz-fusion Dark Hall stuff! Just listen to Jealosy, Nothing is Everything and Fragile Art of Existence and take you own conclusions!

Ah, no I don't. Steve just rules. The lines he wrote on Individual Thought Patterns are mindblowing. Malone is great(a little too cocky for my taste) but the only thing I like of his is Cynic. Ahhh, Cynic, a dream of mine is to see Cynic put out a new album....:cry:

Originally posted by Fyhed
Also Jaco Pastorius is better than Seteve DiGiorgio.....here at least I have to be agreed with.....

Yeah, Pastorius is a GOD, but he dosn't play metal and I think that all will agree with me saying that: METAL RULEZ, and in metal world I don't know anyone better than Steve!

Guess that's right. Jaco was really huge...and as he could never have played heavy music like a metal bassist (and didn't want/need), a rock player could never play the Jazz like Jaco did. There are many musicians that are good in various styles (like Steve, too), but there is one thing only you can be very good at. By the way, who needs people that can adapt to each style? - I'd rather listen to people who got their own recognizable way of playing. Don't argue if one is better than the other or not - it's a matter of taste and it is good that there are different likings out there in each of us, isn't it?

By the way, I believe The Smolski-thing was Mind Odyssey - a little underrated band from my home country. :)

Di Giorgio vs Malone? well, as it's been stated it's all about your own perspective. I like Malone, but as you all understand I'm more into Steve's work. But a nice thing is, on the new Vintersorg album Steve do a bass thing on the chorous on the 3 track "a metaphysical drama" and it bears the aura of Malone, the thing is, that Steve execute it much cooler than Malone would have, from my point of view Malone doesn't have that raw energy in his right hand..........a little too gentle for my taste....but the whole issue is a taste issue!!

mr V

Originally posted by Occam's Razor
Guess that's right. Jaco was really huge...and as he could never have played heavy music like a metal bassist (and didn't want/need), a rock player could never play the Jazz like Jaco did. There are many musicians that are good in various styles (like Steve, too), but there is one thing only you can be very good at. By the way, who needs people that can adapt to each style? - I'd rather listen to people who got their own recognizable way of playing. Don't argue if one is better than the other or not - it's a matter of taste and it is good that there are different likings out there in each of us, isn't it?

By the way, I believe The Smolski-thing was Mind Odyssey - a little underrated band from my home country. :)

Thanx for the name man! This band sounds very well, cool voice and guitar stuff...

Christy is a great drummer....but I also heard that he fucked up BIG TIME at the show in Stockholm, Sweden.

Well, at least the two last albums before disbanding (I believe they did after Smolski left for shitty Rage) had really amazing musicianship on them. The overall style of their music was/is not my favourite, but I got to say that they were one of the most creative acts over here - OK, this is no wonder, because - at least for me - Germany has not much to offer in Metal which I like...Anyway, M. O. were good players and had diverse songs with elements from many genres. I've heard the first album (without the Russian guitar-hero) and it is not that exciting...By the way, who cares about this band when he can put in the new Rush album - ahhh....:p