Steve Harris

Steve Harris , like Geezer Butler & Geddy Lee are examples that bass guitar have an important role in heavy metal .

Originally posted by Ayeka
Brave New World rocks :p

yeah.BNW.is.great.for.summer.easy.listening.in.the.car!

like.my.van.halen.NYC.89.bootleg.:headbang:

Sammy.Hagar:
'DOES.THIS.FEEL.LIKE.SUMMER.OR.WHAT?!'

Harris is just one of those bassists that you can laugh at when he pretends to shoot you with his bass from the stage. He is also the only original member of Iron Maiden who has been there through them all up to the last: Brave New World. His time in the band gave Harris a lot of say as to how a song should be done. For example: in Number of the Beast, Harris made Bruce Dickenson go through three hours of that 23 second introduction to get it just right. Also, Steve Harris never tried to come off as a great bass player, he just made maiden a fun metal band \m/ (><) \m/

I think he was great back then because the bass was clear and upfront, unlike most other bands where the guitar overpowered everything. So you could hear the bass, and respect the band for having it loud, and just accept that the bassist must be good, rather than the production just making it a bit more upfront. If that makes sense.

I just like it how he gallops, best way to describe his basslines. Really fits the music.

But yeah, I guess it is nothing spectacular.

Nowadays the Steve's is not spectacular than years earlier , just because the new generation of bassist took the Steve's techniques and develop more and more....

you don't want to compare Steve Harris with John Myung or Steve DiGiorgio?

Originally posted by Eternal_Decadent
you don't want to compare Steve Harris with John Myung or Steve DiGiorgio?

No point since Steve has nothing to prove.

However, if he could get rid of Janick Gers then he would move up a notch in my estimation.

well its like nicko mcbrain the guy cant do a paradiddle on drums but he sure as hell can play my friend was saying to me but he cant do one and i was like big deal thats not what hes in the band to do if he did paradiddles all the time itd be a loada shit so i told my mate to shut the fuck up but well steve harris is still good in the old album sand hes with his time and maidens still good and lost no charm for me the guy has done loadsa shit with maiden and without him i dont know whered theyd be i love the guy as well and hes one of the biggest parts of maiden therefore of many peeps lives (am i going all smushy at all?)