Steve Smyth in Forbidden?

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
according to a post i read on a board thats supposedly from their myspace page it says steve is now in the band?
Forbidden State of the Union Address
Current mood:Ready!

Our Statement

Throughout the years Forbidden has had many great players contributing to the music. In 2008 we came together for the first time in 12 years for a short re-union tour that included Russ Anderson on vocals, Craig Locicero and Glen Alvalais on guitar, Matt Camacho on bass, Mark Hernandez and the Great Gene Hoglan on drums. Even Paul Bostaph sat in for three shows. Of course we will never forget all of the amazing work that Tim Calvert and Steve Jacobs brought to the table even though they could not be a part of this re-union. Everyone was equally invaluable through out the History of Forbidden, though the core of the band on every record has always been Russ, Matt and Craig.

After the shows were completed in 2008, four of us were motivated and inspired enough to start working together closely and create music once again. A conscious decision was made to continue moving forward and write a new Forbidden album, our first in 13 years! After many conversations and soul searching we decided on the following line up to accomplish this...
We would like to proudly announce that the line up for this album and all of our up coming shows are, Russ Anderson, Craig Locicero, Steve Smyth, Matt Camacho, and Mark Hernandez. That being said, the re-union is now over and the future of Forbidden has begun. Mark and Steve are officially members of Forbidden!

We are extremely excited about Steve Smyth joining us for our newest chapter! Steve has been jamming and writing with us already and is a perfect compliment to the new material. The chemistry between the five of us has been a real inspiration, Steve is just the fresh blood we needed to carry out such an endeavor. Yes, the new material will be what you would want and expect with more then a few surprises. It will absolutely be Forbidden.... Evil and Twisted!!!
Not far down the road, new music will do our talking.

Steve Smyth: “I am very happy to have been invited to join Forbidden! Having been a long time fan of the band, it's great to have been presented the opportunity to perform with them, like at the Thrash of the Titans show in 2001. I look forward to touring in the near future with Craig, Matt, Russ and Mark, and also to have a hand in the creation of a new album with such a talented and creative bunch of individuals. Let’s tear it up!”

See you all 'out there' in 2009.

Russ, Matt, Mark, Craig and Steve
Forbidden

if he's better enough to be in another band thats touring and making a new album and such why did he not just go back to nevermore? i don't remember him leaving on bad terms and they're in need of a 2nd guitarist again?
this is cool news though, forbidden are playing a 21+ show here soon, hopefully they'll play all ages again so i can see them yet again.

Good for him...

Looking forward for the record and I hope it's at least somehow up to "Forbidden Evil" or "Twisted...", though that's hardly possible. The world doesn't really need another "Distortion" or "Green" IMO...

Would have been nice if the statement above would have included this:

"Forbidden originally asked former guitarist Tim Calvert to take (once again) the slot left open by Alvalais' departure, but Calvert declined stating "I'd like to thank Russ, Matt and Graig for inviting me back to the fold, but my new commitment to Nevermore is my top priority at the moment".

Calvert is said to be working with guitarist Jeff Loomis on the follow up of 2005's "This Godless Endeavor" for a potential summer release."

;)

Good for him...

Looking forward for the record and I hope it's at least somehow up to "Forbidden Evil" or "Twisted...", though that's hardly possible. The world doesn't really need another "Distortion" or "Green" IMO...

Would have been nice if the statement above would have included this:

"Forbidden originally asked former guitarist Tim Calvert to take (once again) the slot left open by Alvalais' departure, but Calvert declined stating "I'd like to thank Russ, Matt and Graig for inviting me back to the fold, but my new commitment to Nevermore is my top priority at the moment".

Calvert is said to be working with guitarist Jeff Loomis on the follow up of 2005's "This Godless Endeavor" for a potential summer release."

;)

Yus.

This just in, every previous second Nevermore guitarist has returned to please all fans.
Jeff had this to say " I'm very happy to have everyone back in the band, we all jammed yesterday and our sound is crushing! It is like a hard wall of mud being smacked by 5000 watts of high pitched static. No other band dares to compete with us now!"

Singer Warrel Dane, when asked how it felt to have everyone back, had this to say; " Whaaaaaaaat? WHAAAAAAT? < Curren turn down a minute > WHAAAAAAT? < Tim, stop a second > Whaaaaaat? < Steve, Steve cut it out > Yeaah, so things are <Chris stop soloing> Shit, I can't hear a fucking thing."

More details as they become available.

Weird, I've never gotten the "cocksucker" vibe from Smyth at all. The complete opposite, in fact.