Steve Smyth Internet Guitar Lessons

Hi Steve,
I got your email too, and i will be responding to you tomorrow morning pacific time. My system is down in terms of webcam and stuff like that, but if i can't fix it in time i will just use my mom's laptop for the lessons.
what about nevermore fanboy discount? :lol: :lol: jking man! can't fucking wait!

I had my first lesson today with Steve. It totally ruled. Now i'm gonna go practice the stuff Steve showed me. These lessons are totally worth it, it is like in real life, except with my webcam freezing twice and had to reconnect to Steve. Steve's webcam is teh shiet too, great image and sound quality!

There's still slots left on my schedule deathsion! Email me if you're interested!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'm very interested. Although, i've once again come into some misfortune. I'm having problems with my ulnar nerve. As soon as i start playing..or bend my elbow..i have burning in my elbow..and my pinky and ring finger go numb. I went to a doctor over it ..he told me to take 6 or so weeks off of playing, and that should be enough time for it to heal and inflamation to go away. It's been 6 full days. I'm already going crazy. Once I get this squared away though, I hope you'll still have spots then!

I'm very interested. Although, i've once again come into some misfortune. I'm having problems with my ulnar nerve. As soon as i start playing..or bend my elbow..i have burning in my elbow..and my pinky and ring finger go numb. I went to a doctor over it ..he told me to take 6 or so weeks off of playing, and that should be enough time for it to heal and inflamation to go away. It's been 6 full days. I'm already going crazy. Once I get this squared away though, I hope you'll still have spots then!
Hey DS,
Sorry to hear about what your going through with this situation.
Listen to your doctors though! If there's something I've learned, it's that listening to them is the only way to get through this!
I'm sure I don't have to tell you this, but those nerves are very tiny, and ultra sensitive, so the best way to let an injury heal like this is to take the time off.
Believe me, I've had a few things happen to my playing hand through the years like this, even while on tour. Unfortunately, the only thing I could do on tour was to work around the problem (one case was a seriously sprained pinky finger that occured 3 shows into a 14 date European tour with Testament); I had to play 11 shows with 3 fingers, doing minor 3rd stretches with my 1st and 3rd fingers.Not an abnormal thing to do, some would say, but try having your little finger bandaged down while doing this, playing for 1 1/2-2 hours every night!:lol: There's a DVD bootleg of the final night of the tour, Testament,Live in Tilburg, available through their website, I believe.
Anyway, I know what you're going through! Take care of it, and when you're ready, we'll be able to fit you in somewhere, I'm sure! Get well!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OMG Steve, that truly must have sucked hard playing with a broken pinky. How did you brake it so i know i don't do it and brake it too. I broke my pinky 3 years ago when i wasn't playing guitar by doing this really stupid thing playing soccer. I was in the penalty box, and i knew i had no chance to score and my passing ways were blocked so this big guy runs into me and I dove to get a PK and my dive was not the best since i landed with my right hand's pinky behind my back, and there it was broken:lol: :lol: I got the PK, the guy who kicks it scores, we win the game and go on (it was a playoff game for my middleschool). i had to have a cast on my right hand for the next 6 weeks.

I don't know what he did, but a friend of mine recently made a discovery of relevance to this. You're a good man, young lordofthesewers (even if that LSD makes you think otherwise), and you deserve to know: if you must poke the cave of pink, beware of sudden movements.

Jeff