Steve Smyth Internet Guitar Lessons

well, mathematically, steve and chris have the same price, chris charging 25/half hour, and steve 50/hour (25/30=50/60), but hour long lessons are better IMHO, i felt time flying by during the lesson, at the end i was like, "was that one hour?"and I like steve's playing much more (chris is awesome too).
Can't wait for the lesson this week. I'm almost done with my guitar homework :d

Hey Steve, You should put a student testimonials page up on your official website for the lesson. I'm not taking the idea from Chris Broderick, but soccer moms are more inclined to send their kids to take lessons from a guy with student testimonials on his official page. just a thought. If you want I can write a nice student testimonial that would convince the most hardcore evangelistical mom to make her kids take lessons from the dark side of Nevermore:lol:
anyway for the rest of you who are in doubt if taking lessons from Steve, take them. i posted a new blog on my myspace page that includes a part about lessons from Steve. Here is the copy paste:

So a month and a week ago I started taking lessons with Steve Smyth from Nevermore (see friends). I will start by saying that studying with your guitar hero can be really motivating. He is my hero along with Jeff and the guys in the pics that are on my profile. He is a great teacher and REALLY patient. I had 3 lessons until now and I learned about pentatonics and their modes, blues scales, mode, scales, arpegios, showed me a really awesome way to remember the notes on the guitar, and a thing called the cycle of keys. Last time he talked to me about practicing. The way Steve told me how to practice really makes room for serious daily practice for around 45mins to 1 hour sessions a day and how to make them really effective. Much better than Petrucci's talk about "uhmm you gotta play 1000hours a day and the same arpegio for one hour straight at 3000000000bpms in order to get better". I feel that if i do all the shit he tells and sends me in 2 years or so I can become a bad ass player. He also showed me some old school thrash riffs and explained to me the theory behind them, which helps when trying to write a cool riff in a specific style. So if you don't take guitar lessons, you should. 50$/hour every 2 weeks for me is such a great fucking deal, especially with Steve Smyth. Also don't ask me to send you shit he sends me, cause I won't even if you pay me, I'm not giving away steve' shit, it would be like stealing, and I don't jack shit from my hero and people in general (although i jacked a water band from one of the gay opening bands at the last show i went to on Saturday. Saved me 2$.)

i wrote this tonight because i'm bored and i don't feel like studying for chemistry

Hey Steve, You should put a student testimonials page up on your official website for the lesson. I'm not taking the idea from Chris Broderick, but soccer moms are more inclined to send their kids to take lessons from a guy with student testimonials on his official page. just a thought. If you want I can write a nice student testimonial that would convince the most hardcore evangelistical mom to make her kids take lessons from the dark side of Nevermore:lol:
anyway for the rest of you who are in doubt if taking lessons from Steve, take them. i posted a new blog on my myspace page that includes a part about lessons from Steve. Here is the copy paste:

So a month and a week ago I started taking lessons with Steve Smyth from Nevermore (see friends). I will start by saying that studying with your guitar hero can be really motivating. He is my hero along with Jeff and the guys in the pics that are on my profile. He is a great teacher and REALLY patient. I had 3 lessons until now and I learned about pentatonics and their modes, blues scales, mode, scales, arpegios, showed me a really awesome way to remember the notes on the guitar, and a thing called the cycle of keys. Last time he talked to me about practicing. The way Steve told me how to practice really makes room for serious daily practice for around 45mins to 1 hour sessions a day and how to make them really effective. Much better than Petrucci's talk about "uhmm you gotta play 1000hours a day and the same arpegio for one hour straight at 3000000000bpms in order to get better". I feel that if i do all the shit he tells and sends me in 2 years or so I can become a bad ass player. He also showed me some old school thrash riffs and explained to me the theory behind them, which helps when trying to write a cool riff in a specific style. So if you don't take guitar lessons, you should. 50$/hour every 2 weeks for me is such a great fucking deal, especially with Steve Smyth. Also don't ask me to send you shit he sends me, cause I won't even if you pay me, I'm not giving away steve' shit, it would be like stealing, and I don't jack shit from my hero and people in general (although i jacked a water band from one of the gay opening bands at the last show i went to on Saturday. Saved me 2$.)

i wrote this tonight because i'm bored and i don't feel like studying for chemistry

Hey Paul,

I've actually been considering this idea for a bit now. Hey, I'll drop you an e-mail later today reagrding this.:headbang:

steve, did you get any email of me? seems like i have problems with sending emails to people with .com email address... :erk:
today i got an email that one email didn't arrive on sunday..

I should be able to start in on this lesson thing soon. It's been a rather slow process but my hand/wrist/elbow is getting better. I still have soreness, and am limited on time I play..but i'm slowly getting back into the loop. Basically like i'm going to have to retrain myself. Although I have still spent time practicing picking on open strings...rhythms...and such..if i can't play at all i go to crazy.

I should be able to start in on this lesson thing soon. It's been a rather slow process but my hand/wrist/elbow is getting better. I still have soreness, and am limited on time I play..but i'm slowly getting back into the loop. Basically like i'm going to have to retrain myself. Although I have still spent time practicing picking on open strings...rhythms...and such..if i can't play at all i go to crazy.

Hey deathsion,

E-mail me when you're ready man! Still have spots open!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: