Steve Vai (2005) Real Illusions Reflection

PRauhala

yeah.. Miles
Feb 11, 2004
Finland, Vimpeli
Okay now all vai fans get it! I dont know really much about vai (i had just seen astoria dvd many times), but some songs what i have heard on this cd sounds nice!

Katalepsy said:
Crap man...I wanted to go to that, but I'm broke, and it just happens to be on a school night.
Well, I have two tickets. If my friend flakes on me, I'd give the extra to you. School night?... pshaw! You can sleep during classes! :D

weenur said:
Well, I have two tickets. If my friend flakes on me, I'd give the extra to you. School night?... pshaw! You can sleep during classes! :D

Woohoo! I may have had a change of plans earlier tonight. If one of my friends is able to go, chances are, I will go as well. After all, it's only like $24 (which I can probably mooch off my parents), and that's a friggen steal for what will be an amazing show.

Yeah...I could sleep during classes, at least my goddamn freshman math class (I wish I didn't fail that class way back when). Choir is immediately after that though, so that's a bit of a problem, considering that I have a concert on thursday night. *sigh* Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it, lol.

Katalepsy said:
Woohoo! I may have had a change of plans earlier tonight. If one of my friends is able to go, chances are, I will go as well. After all, it's only like $24 (which I can probably mooch off my parents), and that's a friggen steal for what will be an amazing show.

Yeah...I could sleep during classes, at least my goddamn freshman math class (I wish I didn't fail that class way back when). Choir is immediately after that though, so that's a bit of a problem, considering that I have a concert on thursday night. *sigh* Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it, lol.
:headbang:

See ya there! I keep going to the site with all the preview songs... I so want this album!!!

Some things that are great about this album:

The opener, starts with a weird computer-synth-like effect, that is actually Vai's guitar! Then there's this heavy-as-f**k chuggin' riff coming out of nowhere which really gets the album starting out really nice. Freak Show Excess is just pure Vai madness, and Lotus Feet (the seventh song) is just one of the best instrumentals I've ever heard. And then there's 'Dying for your love'. A very very weird song with excellent vocals by Steve himself. I can imagine lots of people will not like this but this song has such a great vibe going on, it's irresistable.

I'm still debating about seeing him live in Albuquerque Wednesday night. Don't really know why I'm debating... maybe it's that huge debt we're trying to pay off and I've seen Vai so many times now. Now, if after-show party passes we're given to me... I don't even know if there's a local radio station doing that here. I guess it would pay to listen to the radio occassionally...

the show was great. i can tell i'm getting old. man, i'm hurting from standing for so long. granted, i've been up since 4:30AM yesterday. the aftershow thing was lame. steve whooshed in and out. i did get a pic with him, but i would have liked to have hung out and shot the breeze, especially with tony macalpine.