steve, what did u think of 'horror show'?

i fink its iced earths best as well. i was reading an interview with schaffer and he started saying shit like 'steve stabbed me in the back' and 'steve didn't make that album any better' and really laying into him. i fort it'll be cool to hear both sides of the story

Hmmm, my favorite parts of the CD are where the bass lets loose on the intros and interludes, makes this a unqiue iced earth album. Adds a completely new dimnetion... but that's only one opinion.

Hmmm, my favorite parts of the CD are where the bass lets loose on the intros and interludes, makes this a unqiue iced earth album. Adds a completely new dimnetion... but that's only one opinion.
Agreed. I do think you should check out the new album though, I won't go as far as saying it's better than Horror Show but it's still very good. There's some choir stuff on it too, kinda reminds me of the stuff you did on Defiant Imagination.
By the way, you should also check out Scariot, it's with Steve on bass again, the music is similar to Control Denied.

I really would like to know about the bass tone on Horrow Show. Such as the gear and any effects used to record the bass lines.
Its probably by favorite bass tone on any album I've ever heard.
And of course the great bass playing is a plus!

I really would like to know about the bass tone on Horrow Show. Such as the gear and any effects used to record the bass lines.
Its probably by favorite bass tone on any album I've ever heard.
And of course the great bass playing is a plus!

I dont know jack about bass stuff but it sure is a great sound and even greater playing indeed

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks this is the best Iced Earth ;)
-b

agree entirely with you bart
horror show is clearly iced earth's finest disc. got me into them and nothing else quit did it like this album.. on all levels.. barlow, jon's riffing and the melodic - yet thundering bass

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks this is the best Iced Earth ;)
-b

I think the same.. my reasons? the great duet SDG-R Christy... both did a great job... the insane bass and the amazing drumming made that album very good, but the another albums.. I don't like'em so much :rofl:

Horror Show - IE's best? Hmm..no way, I don't agree on that one :) The three first IE-albums dudes, that's their best...with "Burnt" thee absolute.

Regarding Steve's thought on HS: I read in one of Sweden's biggest metal-zines (some number from years ago) where Steve said that he didn't like Horror Show that much no, and that it didn't turn out as he expected.