Steve Wilson

what do you mean? as in liking his music or personality?

people around here are usualy quite fond of Wilson and his music. However, many dont want him producing Opeth's next album.

theres a bunch of threads in this forum about Steve and his influences on Opeth. just search for them.

Steve Wilson is a talented guy but he should stick to what he knows. If you listen to the reactions of the metal community in general to BWP/D1 & D2 they all say that the SW thing should have been left behind after BWP. i happen to agree.

Andy Sneap to produce the next Opeth album please!

KevyCanavan said:
Steve Wilson is a talented guy but he should stick to what he knows. If you listen to the reactions of the metal community in general to BWP/D1 & D2 they all say that the SW thing should have been left behind after BWP. i happen to agree.

Andy Sneap to produce the next Opeth album please!
Steven only produced or worked with the calm parts and he definately knows how to do that... He doesn´t do anything with the heavy stuff as far as I know so the reaction to D1 and D2 can´t be blamed on Steven. Also Steven didn´t write the album or decide to dived them in 2 albums or what ever it his that has shocked the metal community so immeasurably so quit being a fanboy and blame Opeth if you don´t like it. :)

I really like all that Opeth has done with Wilson, I can understand, but don't agree, that Wilson and Opeth should part ways. At the least, I want a Wilson produced Concept album and then I could care less whom they chose to produce, if anyone. We're all going to buy it anyways.

KielbasaSausage said:
Steve has a better idea how to produce a black album than most black album artists...

you should have the tr00 blackmetal boys descending upon you anytime now. Saying how tr00 blackmetal has to sound like shit and that tr00 music isnt all about hearing the music itself...its the image of course.:)

He said it would be a black metal album, probably dealing with the occult. I have heard rumours about a two-30-min-song album, but not from Mikael himself, so I don't know.

Mayh said:
Steven only produced or worked with the calm parts and he definately knows how to do that... He doesn´t do anything with the heavy stuff as far as I know so the reaction to D1 and D2 can´t be blamed on Steven. Also Steven didn´t write the album or decide to dived them in 2 albums or what ever it his that has shocked the metal community so immeasurably so quit being a fanboy and blame Opeth if you don´t like it. :)
I happen to agree with THAT

What do I think of him? Well, I dont know him peronally, but I do enjoy listening to his music. Especiallty Porcupine Tree's concerts, those are amazing. So, I guess I think well of Steve...its a weird question.

anyone know what exactly he uses to get the Mellotron sounds for Deliverance? In a video, 'it' is obviously not a true Mellotron but a sampled Midi one. I would like to know what Mellotron archive disc he is using.

I may be asking too much here, i dont know...