Steven Wilson Solo album!!!

Can't wait. Hopefully this recent announcement means a late 08 release, I knew he couldn't sit on his hands and would release it this year. Me and lightbulb sun have been talking about this for a few days now in the Most anticipated 08 thread.

Can't wait. Hopefully this recent announcement means a late 08 release, I knew he couldn't sit on his hands and would release it this year. Me and lightbulb sun have been talking about this for a few days now in the Most anticipated 08 thread.

Next time Porcupine is touring, I have to try and convince my parents to let me travel to the closest one.

Or....... Convince me to let me fly to the other side of the world, Melbourne, Australia.:lol:

What I love about Steven Wilson, beyond his incredible ear for melody, is that his take on the concept of sound is very interesting. He always adds those little tweaks, an interesting guitar effect here, cool keys there, he always manages to make the sound of the songs interesting, something that's apparent on everything he's ever had his hands on, be it Porcupine Tree, Opeth or Blackfield.
So yes, I'm very much looking forward to this.