STEVEN WILSON: The Raven That Refused To Sing

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/198528 :

British musician/producer and Grammy nominee STEVEN WILSON (PORCUPINE TREE, STORM CORROSION) will release his third solo album, The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories), via Kscope on February 25th (UK/EU), and February 26th (North America).

Engineered by Alan Parsons and produced by Wilson, all six tracks on the album are based on stories of the supernatural; Wilson will also be releasing a deluxe edition including a 128 page hardcover book containing lyrics and ghost stories illustrated by Hajo Mueller.

The album was written between January - July and recorded in Los Angeles in September with Steven’s current band lineup of Guthrie Govan – lead guitar, Nick Beggs – bass guitar, Marco Minnemann – drums, Adam Holzman – keyboards, Theo Travis – saxophone / flute.

The first video from the project is for the title track, 'The Raven That Refused To Sing', and can be seen here: http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/video-...en-wilson-releases-debut-video-180525498.html

EDIT: YouTube link removed as it was no longer valid.

A live performance of opening track 'Luminol' (taken from the recently released Get All You Deserve concert Blu-Ray/DVD), can be found below:

The tracklisting is as follows:

'Luminol'
'Drive Home'
'The Holy Drinker'
'The Pin Drop'
'The Watchmaker'
'The Raven That Refused To Sing'

Wilson will be embarking on a tour of The United States, Canada and Mexico in support of The Raven That Refused To Sing, confirmed shows include:

April
16 - Tampa, FL - The State Theater
17 - Atlanta, GA - The Variety Playhouse
19 - Glenside, PA - Keswick Theatre
20 - Washington, DC - Howard Theatre
21 - Buffalo, NY - Town Ballroom
23 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theatre
25 - Montreal, QC - Club-Soda
26 - New York, NY - Best Buy Theater
27 - Boston, MA - Berklee Performance Center
28 - Albany, NY- Upstate Music Hall
30 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mr Small’s

May
2 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues Cleveland
3 - Chicago, IL - Park West
4 - Minneapolis, MN - The Fine Line
6 - Boulder, CO - Boulder Theater
9 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
10 - Los Angeles, CA - Club Nokia
14 - Mexico City , Mexico - Teatro Metropolitan

Last edited by a moderator:
It would appear that Snapper Music acts like a few other publishing companies and tries to play my dick is bigger than yours in regards to Youtube. Even if the artist approves or uploads it themselves, it is not going to get played unless they say it gets played. I tried to cut through that red tape with an artist approval previously and got no where.

Pretty Maid's agency was the worst.

Christ, May is officially the month of the prog:

Opeth
Katatonia
Pain of Salvation
Kingcrow
Imminent Sonic Destruction
Riverside
Jolly
Steven Wilson
Shadow Gallery
King's X

Seriously, wtf... I'm not even sure InsideOut is fully aware of it.

I better see everyone at POS, though... Lol