STEVEN WILSON new solo album + tour

It absolutely is rude to be at a show and holler out "requests". Do you think people did that to Frank Sinatra?

Every artist that tours after a new release has an affinity for their most recent work. Here Steven Wilson is taking different musicians out on the road with him to play his solo stuff. I don't think it would be fair to them to be expected to tear into a Porcupine Tree tune at the drop of a hat either.

Be happy your favorite artist is out on a tour and thankful for what they are willing to play for you. I love PT and every sort of side project these guys do. I also live in the woods, so a chance for me to get to one of these shows is a challenge or a sacrifice and a great privilege when getting there.

Sorry, I don't usually get "huffy" on things, but come on now. You don't go and "order up a show" as if it's a fast food menu....

Parallel: even though it is the music that he's known for, you're still a douche if you yell out "Speed King!" at a Blackmore's Night show. There they go to the extreme of asking that fans not wear DP merch to the gig.

So by comparison, what SW is requesting seems relatively mild, although I expect it to be 100% ineffective.

(Replace "speed king"/"blackmore's night" with:
"kashmir"/"diamanda galas & john paul jones"
"rock candy"/"ronnie montrose during his jazz-fusion phase"
"children of the sea"/"sabbath with ozzy"
etc...)