Dream Theater / Into Eternity / Redemption

Here's the Chicago setlists if anyone's interested. It was a kickass show :) I keep hoping Dream Theater will play Prog Power one year with some kind of special set or something.... one can dream I guess :)

Into Eternity (might be missing one song)
---------
Severe Emotional Distress
Spiraling Into Depression
Timeless Winter
Out
Elysium Dream
Beginning of the End

Redemption
------------
Threads
The Suffocating Silence
Bleed Me Dry
The Fullness of Time Part III: Release
Fall On You
The Death of Faith and Reason

Dream Thater
------------
Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Blind Faith
Surrounded
The Dark Eternal Night
Lines in the Sand
Scared
The Spirit Carries On
In the Presence of Enemies (full version)
Encore: Medley
1.) Trial of Tears
2.) Finally Free
3.) Learning to Live
4.) In the Name of God
5.) Octavarium (Razor's Edge)

Thanks for the setlist Michael. I'm kind of disappointed with Redemption's though. I would hope to see Parker's Eyes or Sapphire (especially). Some of DT's choices I'm not too keen on either...Panic Attack & The Spirit Carries On (I just don't like that one live). But I give them credit for Lines In the Sand (one of only about 2-3 songs I like on FII) and the full ItPoE (that's a 25 min epic right there). I do give them much kudos for changing the setlist almost on a nightly basis.

Extra info about the Redemption T-shirt cost via the Redemption forum: "The shirts are indeed $35 at the shows...prices are set by the headliner and we are not allowed to charge a different price than theirs."

Extra info about Remption playing "Sapphire" via the Redemption forum: "I'm afraid Sapphire will not be played out with DT...I think it would be very indulgent of a support act to play a 15 minute long song, and we only have 35 minutes in the whole set, unfortunately. See us in Atlanta in the fall, and it may be another story!"

Extra info about Remption playing "Sapphire" via the Redemption forum: "I'm afraid Sapphire will not be played out with DT...I think it would be very indulgent of a support act to play a 15 minute long song, and we only have 35 minutes in the whole set, unfortunately. See us in Atlanta in the fall, and it may be another story!"

It is what I'd expect, actually. Being an opener, there just isn't time for the long songs. I am glad that "Fall On You" is getting played, tho. That song is really growing on me.

I don't have tickets for the Baltimore show, but I think I'm going to head up there anyways and try my luck in getting tickets.

Jason

Extra info about the Redemption T-shirt cost via the Redemption forum: "The shirts are indeed $35 at the shows...prices are set by the headliner and we are not allowed to charge a different price than theirs."

I was gonna post something about this, but forgot. That practice is very common on tour...to the point where I'm shocked when an opener actually has their shirts priced lower than the headliner; it's quite rare.

I was gonna post something about this, but forgot. That practice is very common on tour...to the point where I'm shocked when an opener actually has their shirts priced lower than the headliner; it's quite rare.
Yea, but that just sucks, doesn't it? Obviously, the headliners will be better known and more people will be looking for their shirts. The warm-up bands sell shirts frequently right after their set, if they've inspired the audience, who'll then buy on impulse. But only if the shirt is reasonable! I hate spending $35 for a damn t-shirt for anything but something truly memorable. In other words, I passed on Ozzfest last year ($35), but bought one at Bang Your Head (25 eu). I think that policy makes it damn hard for WU bands to sell anything. Guess it becomes just advertisement for what you CAN buy if you go to the band's site.

Guess it becomes just advertisement for what you CAN buy if you go to the band's site.

True this. Nowadays I'm in the habit of, before I go to a show, I check the band websites to see what they have available to order, then I keep those prices in mind when I look at their merch booth at the show. Often the booth prices are higher, so unless they've got something nice at the booth that isn't available to order elsewhere I'll wait an extra few days to get it. This with the general fact that I buy far fewer band-logo shirts these days than I did when I was younger anyhow. (I didn't buy a single shirt at PP06! although I kinda wish I had a Jorn shirt now)

Yea, headliners tend to loose business when the openers charge less. Its been a standard practice for years

I had to pass on a Division shirt once for this very reason (although I have one now :D). Apparently Kamelot thought that I would hesitate buying a t-shirt from them if I saw that the opening band had a shirt that cost less than theirs. :guh: I mean what the hell kinda logic is that. People usually pay to see the headliners and I don't know too many folks who say, "Wow the band I came to see has t-shirts for $35, but the opener has shirts for $15/$20. I'm going to pass on getting the shirt from the band that is the main reason I came tonight, and instead I'll get the shirt from the opener ... just because it's cheaper. What a great deal!" :rolleyes: I just don't buy it ... figuratively speaking of course.

No offense intended, Mike. :saint:

Back to the thread topic at hand - all three bands kicked ass last night in Baltimore. Into Eternity and Redemption were both amazing and Dream Theater of course rocked the house ... err pavilion ... and kept the crowd on their feet the whole time. Probably one of the best shows I've ever seen. I'm no good with remembering set lists, but I'll see if I can talk DemonOfTheWoods into getting on here and posting what he can remember.

Just saw them last night in Boston. Redemption rocked the house and DT was great too. I'll post a set list later. Thx to Mike D. and the Redemption guys for the hook-up!!

In case anyone has been thinking of purchasing a Redemption shirt, this email was sent me to(bought it Online I think Sunday or Saturday)

Hello everyone,

First and foremost, thank you for supporting Redemption. The band has been well received on their current tour with Dream Theater. The fanbase is growing and the band's music is continuing to reach new people.

The other reason for this e-mail is to bring everyone up to speed regarding their Redemption t-shirt order. Things were pretty hectic at the beginning of July. After recovering from a nearly catastrophic hard drive crash which included the initial artwork for the t-shirts, there was quite the scramble ensuring t-shirts would be printed and readied for the tour. Needless to say, the shirt order was rushed through manufacturing.

In the ensuing rush to get shirts out to the West Coast in time for the start of the tour, the stocking order for the website was overlooked on my part. I was hoping we would marry up the order with a reprint during the tour. This may still happen looking from some of the tour numbers I have seen, but the tour is nearly complete. The reorder maybe turn into a band aid to make sure certain sizes are not sold out and then also to restock the website.

I will be traveling to Philadelphia on the 26th to see the final show of the tour. I will also be picking up the remnants of the tour merchandise. Once I return, I'll begin processing the much delayed shirt orders.

My apologies for all of the delays and inconvenience.

All the best,
Glenn Fitzgerald
Redemption Merchandi

Just saw DT last night with Redemption, and i was very surprised and dissapointed as Redemption sounded horrible. I am a huge fan of the band and even bigger fan of Ray, but my god was it just terrible. I am hoping that the sound was just off, but Ray seemed like his voice was shot. DT of course was on point and amazed me once again. This band can do no wrong; show was incredible!