Ghost - North American Tour

It's beer. I don't care if it's made from the tears of Odin-sent Valkyries, if it's brewed in the fires of Mordor or if it comes in a glass bottle made from pieces of the Emerald Sword. It's fucking beer.

rlol_orange.gif

I love Ghost but from what I saw at their last concert here, the hipsters love the band. It was the only metal show I've ever been to where it took effort to spot another black t-shirt.

I saw their first ever NYC show and literally, it was all fat smelly Pentagram fans. I have the Opus Eponymous artwork shirt that I wear on occasion (well not anymore, it's too big for me now) and the only people to ever notice it are metal fans. I have hipster friends and there was a time where I followed indie blogs regularly and Ghost was never covered in any of them. Maybe now that they're on a major label though.

I am not a beer snob by any means.

"OOOOH I just discovered this super amazeballs microbrewery in a little alley in Algonquin, Oregon; They mix a certain kind of organic passionflower hops mixed with smoked malt inside cherry-oak barrels, and you can only get that in certain kinds of places, so hard to find..."

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

It's beer. I don't care if it's made from the tears of Odin-sent Valkyries, if it's brewed in the fires of Mordor or if it comes in a glass bottle made from pieces of the Emerald Sword. It's fucking beer.

That's an awesome read, although I fall into the picky about beer crowd. Life is too short to drink crap beer. But I thought that hipsters drank PBR. I could be wrong, as I'm not really up on hipster culture.

That's an awesome read, although I fall into the picky about beer crowd. Life is too short to drink crap beer. But I thought that hipsters drank PBR. I could be wrong, as I'm not really up on hipster culture.

Beer goes in. Gets you buzzed. Goes out. Grows gut. Plus, after a bunch, it all tastes the same.

Unless, of course, we're talking about the Valkyrie Tear Pale Ale. I'm sure people will say they can taste Valhalla on every sip.

Beer goes in. Gets you buzzed. Goes out. Grows gut. Plus, after a bunch, it all tastes the same.

That's the difference between you and me. I can't drink a lot of beer (fills me up like eating a loaf of bread), so when I do drink beer, it has to be really good beer. If it's not, what's the point? Just empty carbs and a gross feeling. If all I want to do is get drunk, I get a plastic squeeze bottle of vodka. Cheap and no carbs!

..weren't we talking about Ghost?

Something like that.

I just like talking about alcohol.

Unless, of course, we're talking about the Valkyrie Tear Pale Ale. I'm sure people will say they can taste Valhalla on every sip.

I can't remember the last time I got drunk on beer, and I like the high alcohol content beers. Beer is for enjoying, savoring, and enjoying the malt and hop goodness that is fine beer. Maybe I'm just beyond the Bud, Miller, Coors, other crap beer, frat boy stage in my life. Your mileage may vary. If getting drunk is a priority, that's what hard liquor is for.

That's the difference between you and me. I can't drink a lot of beer (fills me up like eating a loaf of bread), so when I do drink beer, it has to be really good beer. If it's not, what's the point? Just empty carbs and a gross feeling. If all I want to do is get drunk, I get a plastic squeeze bottle of vodka. Cheap and no carbs!

..weren't we talking about Ghost?

Something like that.

I just like talking about alcohol.

Ghost would only approve of vodka in glass bottles. You can't open your veins (for Satan) with a plastic bottle.

I can't remember the last time I got drunk on beer, and I like the high alcohol content beers. Beer is for enjoying, savoring, and enjoying the malt and hop goodness that is fine beer. Maybe I'm just beyond the Bud, Miller, Coors, other crap beer, frat boy stage in my life. Your mileage may vary. If getting drunk is a priority, that's what hard liquor is for.

If getting drunk is a priority, you've got problems.

I like GHOST. Not sure if the touring thing was answered because of all this talk of beer, but you NEVER skip a market that sells out. Why turn down good guarantee money, great merch sales, etc. Touring is about making money and playing your music, I assume the Chicago date they needed for tour could not be acquired and doubling back at some point couldn't happen either. Record labels don't decide dates, they get them, then plan their marketing around that. ;)

I 100% take back anything I might have said about writing off Ghost based on the new tracks. They've grown on me, a lot, and the new album kills. It is infectious. The second half of the album is mesmerizing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I agree. It's a great record. imo it's missing the "mystique" if you will, of the first one, but considering all the hype the band has gotten over the last year and a half, it's a great record that stays true to the band's sound and image. The only thing that kind of chaps my ass is the "b.c." thing, but apparently the band is trying to sort that out in court?