Ghost - North American Tour

Better than secular haze.

Sounds almost "Hollywood", like a mash up with Nightwish or Rhapsody.

What's lost is the BOC analog type production which to me was the initial Appeal.

Better than secular haze.

Sounds almost "Hollywood", like a mash up with Nightwish or Rhapsody.

What's lost is the BOC analog type production which to me was the initial Appeal.

I think it's a mix of both. It does have that Hollywood sound, but I think the parts of the chorus have the sound of the previous album. My issue is it still isn't as catchy and fresh as before. It's interesting they said something along the lines that they really wanted it to sound vintage, yet they seem to be doing the opposite. Honestly, I think they're trying to hard to do an array of different things. Some bands are just good at a certain style and shouldn't stray.

What you say isn't entirely wrong. For Ghost to get a $750,000 advance from Universal, I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that Tom Whalley bought the band's publishing rights. If UMG can get a radio hit out of Ghost, or even some mid level licensing success like Whalley achieved with Mastodon, they will make many x more than that initial advance.

What this means, is that if the label has its hands in the band's pockets that deep, it might be interested in the minutia of its tour schedule. But, in terms of what exact cities it plays? I doubt it. Soundscan numbers are not state-by-state and only reflect national sales on the whole. If the record doesn't do well in the US, the justification for a tour is harder, and if it does really well, the justification goes up - but it's not necessarily an issue of market to market. Booking a tour is frankly, and I don't care if you're a diy kid or William Morris, hard as fuck. You have to plot out an itinerary that works, find promoters willing to buy the package for the price the bands require, re-route the tour for any dates that may fall though due to lack of interest or everything being booked up already, AND make sure that there are as few days off as possible to ensure the bands aren't losing money.

It may also be possible that they are booked to play Lollapalooza and they aren't allowed to do their own show in advance. The fact that they are playing Cochella kind of leads me to that conclusion.

It may also be possible that they are booked to play Lollapalooza and they aren't allowed to do their own show in advance. The fact that they are playing Cochella kind of leads me to that conclusion.

They're playing Coachella? Is that confirmed? That would probably be the first ever "hipster" validation I've ever seen of that band contrary to what internet metal nerds say.

They're playing Coachella? Is that confirmed? That would probably be the first ever "hipster" validation I've ever seen of that band contrary to what internet metal nerds say.

Yes they are and yes it is. See the original post in this thread.

As for the new song - I like it. I do not, however, like Secular Haze. I am looking forward to seeing them next month.

Gaddamn. I've never been interested in Coachella ever. Now I am? THE WORLD. IT'S BROKEN.

I feel sad knowing that I have something in common with hipsters.

...besides our mutual love of hummus. Damn them. Damn them all to hell.

How do you feel about craft beer?

I am not a beer snob by any means.

"OOOOH I just discovered this super amazeballs microbrewery in a little alley in Algonquin, Oregon; They mix a certain kind of organic passionflower hops mixed with smoked malt inside cherry-oak barrels, and you can only get that in certain kinds of places, so hard to find..."

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

It's beer. I don't care if it's made from the tears of Odin-sent Valkyries, if it's brewed in the fires of Mordor or if it comes in a glass bottle made from pieces of the Emerald Sword. It's fucking beer.

It's beer. I don't care if it's made from the tears of Odin-sent Valkyries, if it's brewed in the fires of Mordor or if it comes in a glass bottle made from pieces of the Emerald Sword. It's fucking beer.

If a beer existed with that description, you know I'd already have it.

Maybe I am a beer snob... :erk:

I am not a beer snob by any means.

"OOOOH I just discovered this super amazeballs microbrewery in a little alley in Algonquin, Oregon; They mix a certain kind of organic passionflower hops mixed with smoked malt inside cherry-oak barrels, and you can only get that in certain kinds of places, so hard to find..."

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

That was awesome. I read that in a Denis Leary voice.