Ghost - North American Tour

Justin G

Jul 28, 2007
Northern VA
www.facebook.com
Aww yeah!

The rumors have been circulating over the weekend that Ghost was about to announce a new North American tour, and those rumors are true. A few days after releasing their new album, Infestissumam on April 8th, the band will be performing at Cochella. This will be the kickoff to their US tour, going all across the U.S. and parts of Canada.

Ides of Gemini will be opening the tour. What's interesting to note is that the band will be playing much larger venues than their previous tours. Hopefully, this will result in a more intricate, and evil stage show. Here are the dates:

4/12 – Indio CA, Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival
4/18 – Denver CO, Ogden Theatre
4/19 – Albuquerque NM, Sunshine Theater
4/21 – Indio CA, Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival
4/23 – Tucson AZ, Rialto Theatre
4/25 – San Francisco, CA, The Regency
4/26 – Portland OR, Wonder Ballroom
4/27 – Seattle WA, Showbox at the Market
4/29 – Vancouver BC, Commodore Ballroom
4/30 – Calgary AB, Republik
5/01 – Edmonton AB, Starlite Room
5/03 – Winnipeg AB, Garrick Centre
5/04 – Minneapolis MN, Mill City Nights
5/06 – Toronto ON, Opera House
5/07 – Montreal QC, Corona Theatre
5/08 – Quebec City QC, Theatre Petit Champlain
5/10 – Boston MA, Royale
5/11 – New York NY, Webster Hall
5/12 – Philadelphia PA, Trocadero Theatre
5/13 – Washington DC, 9:30 Club
5/15 – Milwaukee WI, Turner Hall
5/17 – Detroit MI, St. Andrews Hall
5/18 – Pittsburgh PA, Mr. Smalls

Tickets are now available via pre-sale on their website.

http://www.metalinjection.net/tour-dates/ghost-announce-spring-2013-north-american-tour

Hence why they aren't coming to Chicago.
They know they will have good album sales already here in Chicago.
You tour to increase album sales.
While playing Chicago may be a "sure thing" I can see why their new label would want to try different markets.

I wish there was more of a solid band I wanted to see touring with them, as I would consider Milwaukee.

No idea what Turner Hall is though...........

While playing Chicago may be a "sure thing" I can see why their new label would want to try different markets.

I wish there was more of a solid band I wanted to see touring with them, as I would consider Milwaukee.

yes, this is why every tour skips Chicago. No need to come here because sales are perfect here.

Odds are they are playing Chicago on 5/16....but then again...with trying to sell records no need to play Chicago.

I think most bands have given up on making money on album sales. I think most make their money touring.

I like the Ghost album, but don't love it. Should I go see that tour anyway on May 8th? Do they have a really "visual" show?
Will they have a new album out before the tour starts?

And by awesome vocals I don't mean for you to expect Nightwish or Epica or the like.

when I saw them headline here as a post-MDF thing in 2011 this weird, but really cool occult rock band called Sabbath Assembly opened for them. I'm not sure where they find these bands haha.