stock check- CAN YOU FIND MUSIC OF MASS DESTRUCTION?

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
If you get a chance, please check your local CD store, and see how many copies of Music of Mass Destruction are available (and We've Come For You All too, if you like).
Then let me know streetteam@anthrax.com where you looked (city and name of store) and what you found.
OR- You can just reply to this thread about your adventures in finding the DVD on April 20th.
This info will be very helpful. It's like an easter egg hunt! So have fun!
Thanks a bunch,
-Tad
PS- I will e-mail every street teamer about this. But feel free to participate whether or not you're on the Street Team.

Four copies on the release date at the Best Buy in Irvine, CA. Four copies on Tuesday at Best Buy in Costa Mesa, CA. Two copies on Thursday at Best Buy in Irvine.

Rich

Best Buy - Ames, IA had 5 copies of the DVD (dvd case) on the release date. I bought one of the 5. Didn't have the jewel case version. They usually have a couple copies of WCFYA in stock every time I'm there. I'm gonna go check another store on Monday and see if they have the jewel case.

ill be out Friday & ill check the store i buy my music at & let you know. but they usually dont have alot of the 80's thrash bands in stock unless your name is Metallica

It still won't be released in Canada until next week. I called a number of record stores in the Edmonton area, none of them had any on order (most were unaware of it's existence). HMV, as much as I hate them, at least offered to special order one for me. Amazon.ca won't ship it until May 18. However, Amazon.com has been shipping it to Canada since it's release, and mine arrived early this week.

Hot Poop in Walla Walla had one copy Anthrax Soldiers of Metal for $12.95 in the dvd section. In the cd section, had MOMD for $21.95, only one copy.
CD Exchange in Walla Walla did not have MOMD. Asked the worker there if it had been selling well. He said, "it's only Anthrax, it doesn't matter." As much as I liked that store, and I know the owner, won't go back there again. Only 2 guys work there, owner and the other guy.

Found 2 of the DVD version at Best Buy

1 DVD version at FYE

3 of CD jewelcase version at Strawberries Music

Multiple CD jewelcase versions at Phoenix Records.

Let me say that this is the first Anthrax CD/DVD that I've bought since the Sound Of White Noise. Now I'm pissed that I didn't go see them when they came through Connecticut last year. Doh !

I've known the CD Exchange owner for a long time. He wouldn't say that. In fact, he likes metal. He used to hook us up when he taught at our high school with free cds from when he was a radio dj. Got the then "new" Gwar cd Ragnarok from him a month before it was released (in a little plastic sleeve packaging, not the jewel case) and a friend got Korn's first album a month early from him too.

The owner of Hot Poop I could go in and ask about the sales too. I'll do that on Monday. He is really cool. I wore a Hot Poop t-shirt when I met Thrax down in Texas. I gave him copies of the pictures of me with Charlie and Scott. He had those in on the front counter for a long time.

ThraxDude said:
If you get a chance, please check your local CD store, and see how many copies of Music of Mass Destruction are available

I've come to the conclusion that Music of Mass Destruction can be found pretty much everywhere. It seems everyone here is finding multiple copies all across the country. Maybe when Charlie went to his local BestBuy they were out of their allotted copies (this does happen). I also read somewhere that it has sold over 6000 copies. Not bad for absolutely ZERO advertising.