Stodoa, Warsaw (Poland) 25th October

Frainbow

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2004
Central Europe
Here`s my review of the almost whole day with Saxon :) \m/

***SAXON meets the fans***

Everything started at 2pm when I got to the Music Megastore where Saxon meant to show up at 3 o`clock. And they did! First Biff, and then Doug, Nibbs, Paul and Jorg. It was like something incredible.....and what was even more incredible, I was 4th in the queue. I had Lionheart prepared, the ticket... it was my turn! Biff said to me I guess: are you alright? but I thought that he hadn`t meant that, so I said: Hello : ), and he said: Hello as well : ). Before he signed the ticket, he asked about the number of the ticket keeping it up-side down. And I had no idea why he wanted to know that, and I wasn`t even sure if he asked about that.. but I said six-oh-two. and that was the end my first conversation with Biff : ) I was so shocked that didn`t know completely what to say... Then the rest of the band signed the both things and that was almost all. I realised that I didn`t take the poster, so I was standing once more until the queue was finished : ) it was even better cause I could talk to Biff twice! :) he asked what`s my name, and there is beautifully written: Ania in the poster.. : ) After that I was completely satisfied and we left the store with my friend and headed to Stodoła ("barn" in english : ))

***CHINCHILLA`s show***

My plan was to be in a first row as long as possible. And I did it! We didn`t have to wait long for Chichilla to come out. When I saw them I was impressed! I`ve never seen a support that I really liked!! The vocalist was so deadly awesome!! The guitarist reminded me of Bernie Marsden but with longer hair. The bassist was crazy, and the drummer, well I couldn`t really see him.. I really liked their style, and their songs. For the first time, I enjoyed the support really much. The band came very close to us, they were touching our hands, they put on polish flag with Chinchilla on it. They made a great show!!!! It`s even a pity they had to go that early, for sure they didn`t play an hour. But well when they finished, everybody wanted only one band to show up at the stage... we were waiting and waiting... shouting SA-XON SA-XON every minute...

***SAXON`s show \m/ ***

There it was: The return!!!!!!!!!!! I`ve waited so long to hear it.. and then Lionheart... when Biff started to sing, it was very surprising I guess for the band, that everybody sang with him! Doug was still smiling and looking if it`s true that everybody knows the song so good!

Biff`s vocal was amazing, well he changed the melody a little, but there was no big difference cause everybody was singing so loud :). In Broken Heroes he missed the second verse :) and I saw him smiling to himself during it, it was awesome.. Apart from his perfect vocal, he was talking to us, pretending he was the boss :)) he told us what to do, and we did it, I was proud of polish fans.. we were jumping, making "woo oo ooh woo oo ooh" :), and "hey hey hey".

I was standing near Doug and Nibbs, and they were awesome.. Doug was smiling all the time. Nibbs took his t-shirt off at the beggining... and I was like....oh...<3 he is soooo sexy! :) he had so awesome moves..
Paul stood on the other side of the stage so I din`t see him well, and the drummer.. I couldn`t see him well as well.
I think the sound could be better... but I was so excited that I didn`t really focused on the guitars, or the drums..... for me it was something amazing....

The band said goodbye to us after 1h35 minutes, but after a short time they of course came back, and Biff told us, that they would play 2 hours. When the time meant to be over, everybody of course wanted more..... Biff told us, that they would play 2h20... after every song, he asked us if w wanted more..... I was thirsty, I couldn`t even jump, I couldn`t sing, but they were still playing!!!!!! I was so happy!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought they would play sooo long. When I thought it`s over Biff said, they would play 2h30... I was like..... oh my ...The last thing they played, I hope I`m right was 747, and I have to admit that I forgot about that one, I was convinced they would play it, so I didn`t think about that song. I was rather worried about playin Denim and Leather, but they didn`t let me down of course...

look at the setlist......... it`s the most wonderful setlist of all times, they played everything they could apart from The eagle has Landed, and they performed even two more.. that I haven`t seen earlier anywhere (It`s not in proper order, I was too excited to remember it :):

* The Return
* Lionheart
* Power and the glory
* Motorcycle man
* Backs to the wall
* Beyond the grave
* Never surrender
* Flying on the edge
* Broken Heroes
* Searching for atlantis
* Man and Machine
* To live by the sword/Unleash the beast/To live by the sword
* Crusader
* Heavy metal thunder
* Strong arm of the law
* Witchfinder general
* Dogs of war
* Dragon`s lair
* Forever free
* Princess of the night
* Solid ball of rock
* And the bands played on
* Wheels of steel
* Denim and Leather
* Dallas 1pm
* 20,000 Ft
* 747 (Strangers in the night)
I`m not sure about English man`o`war...

but it`s 27(28) songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+ The return.
I am all covered with bruises, my forearms are all red, my ribs hurt hurt hurt, and it was because I was keeping tight the bareers, and people kept pushing me into it...
It was one of the happiest and most wonderful days of my life. thank you SAXON! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: I guess I just changed my religion :)

Almogaver said:
Thanks for your review.
you`re welcome :))

If you want to have a gig with the same number of songs, just show the band that you really love them!!!! sing every single song!!!! and the most important thing, show that you love the Lionheart album!!!! I thought that on every concert people behave like we did... but as I could see, they were all amazed.... Biff even started to do something with the microphone :)))......the show was so awesome!!! I want them back!!!!

I am impressed of this concert, feel so happy I saw them in Poland. There was very hot atmosphere during all set, there was very noisy on the stage and among polish saxon fans as well. It was a longest set I've ever seen and now I can't hear, I can't say and I feel like any old man - I can't move my neck (2,5 hours of fucking headbanging). So, every things in this night was excelent: guys from Saxon, music and polish fans! As usually... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: