Stomp 442???

i know most here disagree with me on this but it is the cd I like the least. I would still get it though as there are some really good songs. That reminds me, I need to get back to best buy and update some of my Anthrax tapes to cd. I wish they had them all but I will get what I can.

Stomp 442 is a tour de force of modern Anthrax groove style metal! F off to all of the nay sayers!! I think the only reason Anthrax don't play more material live off of this record is because it is the record where things started to go "bad" for the boys. They were coming off of a top ten gold record and arena dates, and all of the sudden struggled to reach 100,000 copies sold of 442, and found themselves co-headlining clubs with the Misfits. I just think Stomp 442 brings up negative thoughts, feelings, and memories for the boys. The record company fiasco, Spitzy getting axed, Frankies brother getting killed, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Back to album! It is the most one dimensional of the Bush records. Bush has stated that all thru the writing process, Charlie would ask "yeah, but is it heavy?" I also recall the band saying that since every Anthrax record prior to this was much different than it's predecessor, they wanted to a straight ahead heavy as hell rock record. And indeed they did. To me it sounds like a more talented, better written, better produced version of Pantera. Every song on it fucking rips. Go buy it! Now!

yeah i dont know why people dont like it,it was a return to form for me and its extra special because they toured here for that record and it was the first time i had seen them live,its a pity they dont play more songs from that record because the songs that sound heaviest when i first saw them were from stomp record,its kick ass from start to finish.

I LOVE Stomp442, my favorite thrax album actually...
In a Zone... Drop the Ball... Random Acts... Fueled... American Pompeii... Perpetual Motion... King Size... the whole album rocks... its great... you shouldn't hesitate to pick this up

I agree with everyone saying its a great record (it is Anthrax, after all) but to me it's nowhere near the quality of WCFYA or White Noise.

Buy it. I think it reflects a new direction\turning point with the band. SOWN still had Dan Spitz playing and his style did not mesh to well with Bush's singing in some cases.

Stomp fucking sucks... actually AnthraX fucking sucks, the fans sucks... the tour sucks... the world sucks, the leader of Angola sucks...

But on a more serious side, Stomp is a good starter album for Thrax (Among the living and POT are the other ones, I belive). "American Pompeii" is my favourite from 442.

S442 is a must-have,

Random Acts
Fueled
King Size
Shotgun
PM
Nothing.....

Get the version with the extra tunes on it. You'll be glad you did!

This album kicks major ass. John's vocals on American are unbelievable, now THAT'S a singer! Also the first tour I saw them, I was backstage with the boys during the Misfits for both shows, no regrets. GET THIS ALBUM.

MichiMikey--How 'bout them Lions whoopin' up on the Steelers? Hell yeah, I think this will be a playoff year, oh yeah...

sufferer said:
MichiMikey--How 'bout them Lions whoopin' up on the Steelers? Hell yeah, I think this will be a playoff year, oh yeah...

Uh, yeah... :confused: . o O (freakin crack smokers)

MichiMikey said:
S442 is a must-have,

Random Acts
Fueled
King Size
Shotgun
PM
Nothing.....

Get the version with the extra tunes on it. You'll be glad you did!

Yeah the version with the bonus tracks Grunt & Click etc. is the one I'm getting. I'm gonna be buying it here in about 2-3 hours when I go out. Can't wait. :Smokin:

Dragons_Kin said:
i know most here disagree with me on this but it is the cd I like the least. I would still get it though as there are some really good songs. That reminds me, I need to get back to best buy and update some of my Anthrax tapes to cd. I wish they had them all but I will get what I can.

They do have them all.....internet??? ;)

By the way, I picked up the record. It's pretty good. I mean it beats load by metallica, but theres something about earlier albums that wasnt caught on this album. Out of all the anthrax albums I have, which is 12, it is the one I like the least. Its still damn good though!!!