Stone sour vs. Slipknot

EvilDeadGod

!DIE!
May 5, 2002
Texas
Before everyone starts bashing the god damn thread, first off let me say "fuck you, you mindless bastards!!!!!!".
I think Stone Sour is a great band, they are more of a punk, melodic hard rock. Slipknot is just balls out 3 notes riffs, still good cause of their drummer. Both the singer and guitarist Jim Root are in both bands, so can I get a compare and contrast, Download the song Stone Sour's GET INSIDE or Covetous Me. I cant get into both bands all hardcore, but I think put out some descent metal.

I like Slipknot(You may now begin stoning me to death), but I haven't heard any Stone Sour besides Get Inside and Bother. I didn't really like Get Inside that much, but bother is teally cool, in my humble opinion

I'm not a great fan of either of the bands. They're both pretty boring if you ask me, you didn't... but I told you anyway. But sticking to the thread topic, Stone Sour has much more potential than Slipknot, and this isn't because of a "mainstream" image. This is because Stone Sour has a diversity that Slipknot doesn't. I mean c'mon "fuck the world" gets old after a while.

All I've got to say is that Stone Sour has got some slow and some fast, I guess that's why I'd say they will win in the race of the bands. (For sucky bands that is)

I am a veteran metal fan and I think Slipknot are great(second album left quite a bit to be desired, but I think they might bounce back!) but after hearing only one Stone Sour song I can honestly say I AM NOT A FAN! By the way, the only reason most people hate Slipknot is because they got very popular very soon. Not that they're even close to what I would consider as "one of the best bands out there", they are not bad, and contrary to what some may say they are DEFINITELY metal.

I am a veteran metal fan and I think Slipknot are great(second album left quite a bit to be desired, but I think they might bounce back!) but after hearing only one Stone Sour song I can honestly say I AM NOT A FAN! By the way, the only reason most people hate Slipknot is because they got very popular very soon. Not that they're even close to what I would consider as "one of the best bands out there", they are not bad, and contrary to what some may say they are DEFINITELY metal.

Slipknot - Simple, silly lyrics, bad vocals...

Stone Sour - Simple, silly lyrics, bad vocals...

That saying, there are still good elements in both the bands, and I could probably listen to both the bands and enjoy it, but I don't have the need to do that with so many better bands out there...

Stone Sour sounds like another version of Nickelback (at least from the stuff I heard). I swear..when I saw the video for "Get Inside", I was like "good god, another nickelback song...ugh" and then found out it was friggin' Stone Sour. They are nowhere NEAR being punk.

As for Slipknot, I like them. Not as much as I did a year or 2 ago (everyone grows out of that mallcore phase at some point), but I do enjoy listening to the self-titled album every now and then (IOWA's ok..but I can't stop myself from laughing at the retarded lyrics of every song on it).