Stoner band you guys should check!

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
I saw them on the roadburn festival and just checked out there cd age of winters and i have to say this is the best "new old sound" i ever heard!
Realy sabbathy but maybe even a bit better!
Orange amp with a fuzz maybe?
i love it and just had to share with you guys, check out the song Freya!

www.myspace.com/thesword

:kickass:

Hell yeah!

Hey seizure, did i tell you that as i was playing guitar hero 2, i played "freya" and wondered what band it was?!? then i found out that it was "the sword" from a mysterious smn convo i got while i was playing the song... OMG!!??

also check out this band:

http://www.myspace.com/highonfireslays

Rock rules!

The Sword has come around lately, but I used to lump them in the the complete trendy mess that bands like Saviors and Witch (I don't care who is on drums).

For rock metal that is awesome I'd recommend Baroness or the Pink LP by Boris, although the Boris is a bit sludgy/progressive.

Also, Seizure...Seizure fucking rules. I love the atypical grindy metal you guys play! Like Carl Michael drumming over Red Harvest and Terrorizer or something, with bonus subtle catchy melodies.

Thanks dude!:kickass:
We do our best haha, it gets kinda weird because of all the immolation/older gorguts influences i and the guitarplayer bring in! haha
new stuff is shaping up nicely aswell:)

i just checked gearwire and came up with this: http://www.gearwire.com/media/the-sword-bryan-ritchie.mp3
is that what you meant? pretty cool info anyway!
Seems the guitar setup was( from what i could make up out of it.. gonna have another listen later):

Laney OAR - MAXON OD 820 (prolly) - marschall cab - newer modell Sennheiser 421.

And the other:

Orange amp - marschall guvnor - rocktron hush - orange cab - 421.

Now thats the info!:kickass:

I saw them on the roadburn festival and just checked out there cd age of winters and i have to say this is the best "new old sound" i ever heard!
Realy sabbathy but maybe even a bit better!
Orange amp with a fuzz maybe?
i love it and just had to share with you guys, check out the song Freya!

www.myspace.com/thesword

:kickass:
The sword is my shit high country is what it's about age of winter is bad ass to