Stoner/Hard Rock-ish stuff, Dual Rec/Marshall content

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
This is an almost final mix of a band I recorded recently, the guys in the band seem to be pretty happy with this mix, I only have to fix some mistriggers in the kick and fix the toms. I was in charge of production, engineering, even helped with arrangements on all the instruments, had some great gear and players to work with, the only problem was the drums which we recorded with two OH mics and I then had to filter/compress/duck in order to take snare and kick triggers out of it, hard work but possible. The vocalist/guitarist left the band before recording the vocals, he might come in to record them or it might end up being instrumental as the original guys in the band´s intention was from the beginning.

Give me thoughts, please! (Edit: Finished tracks)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/954292/Musi...tered/RatoNegro - 01 - Death By Your Side.mp3

Song 2: (More Southern Rock-ish)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/954292/Musi.../RatoNegro Mastered/RatoNegro - 02 - Why_.mp3

I think the cymbals are too bright.

I like the "organic feeling" even tough you triggered the drums, they sound natural, but maybe "too natural"?

I like the overall sound, I think it fits the music.

Thanks for listening dude! I just updated the link with the bass intro to the song, and did some minor fixes on request of the band. Well the drums were really hard to work with cause they were recorded with only two OH mics, and the room sucked ass so I tried my best to squeeze as much as possible out of the cymbals, and triggering from OH mics wasn´t easy, but I managed to save it that way, no editing done to it though, so yeah it still sounds pretty natural, plus I didn´t use any SD or Slate or whatever samples, just some samples I have in my personal collection.

I´m glad you like the feel of it, thanks for your thoughts!

Really dig the main rhythms on the 2nd song! Kick and snare could come up a bit imo.
Bass sticks out too much, it's too bright for the rest I think.
Too much verb on the overheads too imo

really nice otherwise!