Stoner rock

PiercedFromWithin

The Philosopher
Nov 27, 2002
Quebec
none
Anyone knows some great bands? I'm gaining interest on this particular genre since I bought the latest Queens of the stone age.

Here's what I own now (and that's all I know)

- QOTSA - Songs for the deaf
- QOTSA - Rated R (Man, this is so
cool...especially the song "better living through chemistry"...wicked riffage!)

- Kyuss - Welcome to the sky Valley
- Kyuss - And the circus leaves town

All these albums kick my ass...
Josh Homme is really a guitar god.

So, thanks in advance

I don't know much about the genre, although I love Kyuss.

I just know certain names of bands that I believe are part of the genre, but know very little about them...

Masters of Reality, Monster Magnet, Fu Manchu (Kyuss's former drummer, Brant Bjork, plays in this band)

If you go on www.amazon.com and look up some of these bands, I'm sure many of the the related artists will also be stoner rock and can try and look more up from there.

Dude....you HAVE to get The obsessed - "The church within" Wino is a God amongst stoner rockers. Also, check out some St. Vitus, Spirit Caracan, Bad Wizard, SHevy, the sattelite circle, the glasspack, clutch, and many others I cant htink of right now. By far my favorite genre....Oh, and the first QOTSA cd is better than both of the new ones! And if you ar einto Kyuss, I recomend getting "Blues for the red sun" IMMEDIATLY. It is the definative stoner rock album.

Yeah, you are obviously familiar with Kyuss.

I also recommed St. Vitus a lot. They were one of the first big bands from New Orleans. I'd also recommend Spirit Caravan, Orange Goblin, Sheavy, Electric Wizard, Goatsnake, and Count Raven.

I see lots of Doom Metal in here... but thats ok... Doom and Stoner all originate from the one band...

BLACK SABBATH

Greatest band ever...

You know it's true...

Hey Pierced, I see you are from Quebec... (I'm a mostly french Newfie living in Toronto, heheh). Ever hear of a band out of Montreal called Bliss? They played heavy grungy rock that was pretty proggy, groovy, and demented.

Satori

Yeah, Sleep and High on Fire, rock on!
Be sure to check out Corrupted and Iron Monkey! Bongzilla is great too!

And as someone mentioned:
BLACK SABBATH - VOLUME IV and MASTER OF REALITY

Originally posted by Satori
Hey Pierced, I see you are from Quebec... (I'm a mostly french Newfie living in Toronto, heheh). Ever hear of a band out of Montreal called Bliss? They played heavy grungy rock that was pretty proggy, groovy, and demented.

Satori

No haven't heard from bliss...but I'll check 'em out too.

And when will Opeth come to Canada dammit, I can't wait to see them live!

Deux Newfies sont à la chasse aux lapins. Un dit à l'autre:
- C'est pas facile d'attirer le lapin. Le plus dur, c'est de se cacher dans les buissons et d'imiter le cri de la carotte. :tickled: :lol: