Kyuss

I go everywhere. I found those two Kyuss CDs at Soundwaves in Montrose. I visit Cactus Music, Soundwaves and Sound Exchange sometimes during my lunch break. I also visit the Wherehouse Music on Westheimer at Voss.

On my side of town I visit Diamondhead Records, Vinal Edge, CD Warehouse, and the Wherehouse Music on 1960 at Kuykendahl. I occasionally visit Sound Revolution.

I also have a Hastings in Conroe just a few miles north of where I live.

surprisingly, the two I visit aren't too bad when it comes to used CDs. I never buy brand new stuff fro them; too damn expensive.

I've listened to them at least once a week for 6 months straight. :headbang:

You're right though.

HarmonyDies.... said:
It is just you.

KYUSS RULZ!!11!!
Yeah, it's just me who's not afraid to speak up and say they OVER-FUCKING-RATED.
tickled.gif

I'd listen to Nebula or Fu Manchu any day over them. And yes, I realize those bands most likely wouldn't exist w/o Kyuss.

Im really shocked it took you so long to find Kyuss, NAD. They been a fixture in my cd player for years. I think Ive played Kyuss more times than anyhting else I have in my collection. Oh you would like Goatsnake's I, it has an excellent groove, and a wonderful tone throughout--just like Kyuss records.

I was first told to check them out in 1993. I'm a slow dirty fuck sometimes, just like a luded up hooker.

Goatsnake yeah, need to pick up one of theirs soon. Soon I say, soon!

I don't think they're overrated. I mean, how can a genre-inventing band be overrated? That's like saying Sabbath is overrated. However, their are other bands I turn to before Kyuss when I want some quality desert rock, namely Monster Magnet and Slow Horse.

J. said:
I don't think they're overrated. I mean, how can a genre-inventing band be overrated? That's like saying Sabbath is overrated. However, their are other bands I turn to before Kyuss when I want some quality desert rock, namely Monster Magnet and Slow Horse.
They didn't invent shit. Bands like Mudhoney had been doing the retro heavy rock thing for years before Nick Oliveri & Co. even dreamt of it. They just caught on with the whole "stoner" tag and voila! Instant genre! Nigga, please.

BTW, they're overrated. :Spin:

Opinions are opinions Mr Gugs. And I happen to totally disagree with you. Surely there are bands you love, that I or others think are derivative drivel.

speed said:
Opinions are opinions Mr Gugs. And I happen to totally disagree with you. Surely there are bands you love, that I or others think are derivative drivel.
Oh completely. Besides the fact that my opinion is often right, and others are, well, not so right, I'm just having fun here. Pay no mind.