Stoopid Guitar Restringing Question

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
I apologize in advance for the noobie question. I finally swapped out my own passive pickups on my edwards les paul copy :headbang: (pretty excited to do it myself and not have to bring it in) but having some issues now....

-So in order to swap the pickups I loosened the strings a lot instead of removing and after retightning strings I have a lot of bottom string buzzing

-I did not remove strings because I am not sure what guage they are and have always assumed that switching to differnet guages without a tech adjusting is not the smartest move...is this correct?

-Anyone have any good guitar tech youtube links to help me

I apologize in advance for the noobie question. I finally swapped out my own passive pickups on my edwards les paul copy :headbang: (pretty excited to do it myself and not have to bring it in) but having some issues now....

-So in order to swap the pickups I loosened the strings a lot instead of removing and after retightning strings I have a lot of bottom string buzzing

-I did not remove strings because I am not sure what guage they are and have always assumed that switching to differnet guages without a tech adjusting is not the smartest move...is this correct?

-Anyone have any good guitar tech youtube links to help me

I'd start by checking neck relief and action. If adjusting that doesn't help I'd check to see if you have uneven frets.