straight from angela gossow

Sep 8, 2003
dayton ohio
angelasaysyouregay.jpg

and she quit posting because some McFuckers would harass her? Why didn't someone ban their sorry asses?

Because there is an issue of free speech on UM. They're supposed to be allowed to speak their opinion, but if it gets too bad, you have to risk singling out, ask In Flames and Frederik Kreem. So many complained that they stopped banning and shut it all down. I'd prefer they hadn't do that.

Yeah, stupid shit. I've heard people were absolutely not satisfied with R2R and they said it quite drastically on the board, that was the problem. Is that true?

-------------------------------------
Neverlady

Yes ma'am. R2R was not a good album, and many expressed that, but also many liked it, so there was a balance. Some of their opinions were so strong, though, that even I supported the removal of them. I guess the band got tired of the biggest babies (who had nothing to do other than make rather personal insults) and canned the board. I was unhappy, but I see their side of the issue too.

Reactions: Tee
I didn't read the IF board after they released R2R, just heard that a lot of people didn't like it, and saw that they deleted the board. I think that is childish. If you can't take the critics, even if they are like too harsh, don't go and start a band. Or don't read the board...

------------------------------------
Neverlady

Invited guest said:
If you can't take the critics, even if they are like too harsh, don't go and start a band. Or don't read the board...

------------------------------------
Neverlady
:guh: yeah... mmhm... yes... :(

:D

In Flames still don't have a board, do they? Neither do Savatage. Funny, eh? I guess the same happened to them so they closed it down....

-----------------------------------
Neverlady

Yeah, that's quite fine from her. And if people don't care about the others flaming her, they'll stop sooner or later.

----------------------------
Neverlady

Hearse said:
True, and actually In Flames did a very moronic thing.
They closed the forum and questbook, without saying a word to anyone.
They just dissapeared.
That truely was idiotic from In Flames towards their fans.

Boards are ment for the fans, not for the band.
It's a place where the band's fans can communicate, it's a society.
Even if it would have alot dorks in it, they're still after all... their fans.
Ofcourse you can make the "bullshit-level" lower by administrator, but you can't never cut it all off.
If the "band" find it insulting, they can stop reading it, but they should't kill their fans society.

I admit that "personal" things of the band members should been left out from the board, because that can get too personal.
But if it's all about critisism towards their music, stand up and be a man/woman and face it!
Tastes are after all always just a one single minds opinions, so they should be taken like that aswell.

What were those personal things exactly that could make Angela leave the forum - if anyone knows...

Yeah, I agree with you 100%, Hearse. We'll see if In Flames are going to start a new board and guest book after they release their new record....

---------------------------
Neverlady

@neverlady

there are trolls on the board with nothing better to do nor do they have any truely contructive to say abut the band other than that they sold out and how they need to bring back johan liiva, who is a completely shitty vocalist imho. also, recently angela made some a comment about how they are, in short form, trying to get some more success, better tours, more money with this album, and they havent sold out that badly. these trolls are taking that idea and running with it like AE are are going to be on TRL sometime soon, etc. one took it straight to angela herself and after a little argument, she decided it was time to take some time away from the board. thats basically it.

thebigyetti said:
@neverlady

there are trolls on the board with nothing better to do nor do they have any truely contructive to say abut the band other than that they sold out and how they need to bring back johan liiva, who is a completely shitty vocalist imho. also, recently angela made some a comment about how they are, in short form, trying to get some more success, better tours, more money with this album, and they havent sold out that badly. these trolls are taking that idea and running with it like AE are are going to be on TRL sometime soon, etc. one took it straight to angela herself and after a little argument, she decided it was time to take some time away from the board. thats basically it.
That's pretty rude... And the innocent people suffer because of these assholes since Angela is not gonna talk to them either.... :(

What can one do? People are fuckheads. I'm glad we have no sons-of-bitches on this board that do that kind of shit.........or do we........???...........no, now e don't. I haven't seen any terribly negative or personal comments about the band....and that's a very very good thing. This forum rocks. The stupidity runs like water....just the way I like it.