strange noise (click ?!) on katatonia song

dannee

The sky is on fire !!!
May 24, 2003
mevasseret, israel
Visit site
i'm a bootleg addicted. You probably know that bootlegs' sound quality aren't the best. Many of the bootlegs have these little 'noises' on their tracks. I call them 'clicks'. Very annoying little noises which take out the fun of listening to the music.

But when I've first heard the track 'in death, a song' on my 'tonight's decision' cd, I couldn't believe, that these clicks are exist in OFFICIAL album !!! You could listen to them, on 0:31, 1:05 (after the "left in me.." line), and in many other times during the track. Anyone else noticed ??? Is my copy of 'Tonight's Decision' corrupt ?? Or I'm just a paranoid ???

Well, it's on my copy also. Had never noticed before. This is the re-release with 2 bonus tracks in slip case BTW, someone might want to check if the "clicks" exist in the first release.

it's as if the left *IN me places a saliva bubble collapsing, because you hear the same the second time he says it... it's his voice, the stereo mixing of the vocals (One on Right, the SAME on LEFT with a slight DELAY makes the bubble collapsing LOUDER) My buddy nick uses the same recording process but not with clean vocals like that...

it's not a bubble collapsing sorry, it's just a rattle in the voice being "emo", trust me... let me listen again, maybe you're not talking about that.

Edit: SORRY, but BOTH 31 and 1:05 are exactly on left)*IN(me

No stop complaining, your record is clean and nobody's gonna give your money back. What are you gonna say ?? "Hey Katato, next time you record an album, use a better pop-shield!"

krigsbarn said:
it's just a rattle in the voice being "emo", trust me... let me listen again, maybe you're not talking about that.
rite on the nail! good ears...
icon14.gif

krigsbarn said:
"Hey Katato, next time you record an album, use a better pop-shield!"
hahaha, dont ever think something that "hi fi" as a pop-shield would exist at sunlight studio...ever!!!

Well, they cost like 50 bucks to 100... or they don't cost shit if you just build one yourself... that I did