strange Reaper click track issue

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Tracking drums today. Got to (near) the end of the session, and my click track suddenly dissapears. It seems that, as soon as the scratch guitar stops, and there is no other actual audio in the session, is when this happens.....but it never happened before. For instance, I can open a fresh project with no audio in it, and turn the metronome on, and hit PLAY, and it will play just the clicks. Is my session effed up? Should I maybe try to Copy/Paste into a new session? I don't know how to save the Time Sig/Tempo markers when I do this!

EDIT: If I record more audio into the session, it plays fine....this is confusing me to hell. I was 100% positive you could just "Play" an empty session..... =/

You can set it to keep playing after the session end. It's an option somewhere....

ahhh thank you so much kind sir!!! shit, that's really weird....I didnt Un-check it....but that was the problem. sweeeeetness.

Tried the "3:1" rule with the overheads today....and definitely wasn't totally exact with measurements, but it was a definite improvement!!