Reaper and rendering bus FX

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
I've got a little pro-pro I'm working on for a new song. Mapped out clicks and did some scratch guitars. I want to send the session to our other guitarist.

I've got a bus(folder) which has my guitar chain and my 2 DI tracks are just sent to this.

Is there a way to render the 2 raw DI tracks so that the bus FX are applied to each track? I couldn't find a way without having to actually load the bus FX chain twice. I know I can render the bus as a stereo track, but I want our guitarist to be able to get the session, open it and fly with it and still be able to move faders, mute shit, etc.

Any ideas?

If would render as a new stereo track your guitars and put this wav in the session in the same place.
If you do not want to duplicate your FX I don't know another way. Cheers.

Mute one, render the unmuted one as a mono stem.
Reverse your mute, and render the other one as a mono stem.

KXc6V7K.gif

Easiest way I can think of is to just render it as a stereo track - 100% left and right. Bring it into the session, duplicate it and right click on the tracks. Then "item settings > take channel mode: left" for one and "item settings > take channel mode right". You will then have 2 separate tracks. That's how I would do it anyway.

Sloan, I'll give that a shot but my problem is I have no FX on the actual tracks I want to render, therefore there's no option to render when I right click. I'll fuck with it more when I get home from practice tonight. I feel really dumb having to ask about this. I could easily just apply the FX to each track separately and be done with it but I am determined to find a quicker way! Lolz.

I have no idea if I understand it correctly, sorry, but if you have two guitar tracks under a folder/bus:
Mute one of the tracks> Render the Bus FX and rename it> Unmute the track and mute the other> Render again..
Now you'll have two tracks with the FX..
Just remember that if there's a e.g. a compressor it will behave differently if there's a track, that should be there, missing..

I have no idea if I understand it correctly, sorry, but if you have two guitar tracks under a folder/bus:
Mute one of the tracks> Render the Bus FX and rename it> Unmute the track and mute the other> Render again..
Now you'll have two tracks with the FX..
Just remember that if there's a e.g. a compressor it will behave differently if there's a track, that should be there, missing..

Ahh I totally understand now. Not sure why that was so hard for me to grasp. :lol:

Thanks guys! Just thought there would be a way to apply the FX to both tracks at once and create 2 separate tracks but this will work.

If you really need this often, you probably can create a custom action just for this, by being a little clever with all the actions that exits !

If you really need this often, you probably can create a custom action just for this, by being a little clever with all the actions that exits !

Totally! Though I usually don't need to do this often, though I'm glad I did because it appears the output of my fx chain is quite weak compared to the DI tracks.

Got it sorted, thanks guys!