Strapping Young Lad

happy friggin camper

Gospel sodomy boy on blow
Jun 14, 2002
Melbourne, australia
Im suprised no one has mentioned this. Who went and what did you think?

I saw the melbourne show, and was lucky enough to hold the front row centre position of the mosh all night, right in front of dev.

I thought the setlist was average. Too much Self Titled stuff, which im not too big a fan of. And it really pissed me off that they didn't play SYL.

But they were all terriffic showmen, especially dev. He breaths such energy into what he does.

Apart from my woes with the setlist, it was a phenomenal show.

Yeah they were great but I agree with ya happy friggin camper the setlist involved way to much new stuff and no Syl pissed me off.. :erk: Its like when ever he does the ocean machine stuff live. Life is my favourite song and they never play it :yell:

I was at the Melbourne show. I didn't have a problem with the set list. After seeing them some ten times over the years, I like to see the set list change from time to time. I personally find it annoying to see a band come over frequently only to find that nothing changes but the clothes and the years.

I thought the show was perhaps the tightest and most intense, and it seemed to be much longer than the actual fifty-five minutes they were on stage.

Either way, it was a good show and a good crowd turn out. One to remember, whith little to bitch about.

Here's some pics I took at the Syndey show...

SYL1.jpg

SYL2.jpg

SYL3.jpg

SYL4.jpg

Hope u like :D

Fuck, that third pic is brilliant.

I don't like the new stuff much at all, but I also agree in the sense that's it good to hear a different setlist... however it'd be nice to hear shit like Underneath The Waves or AAA or something, neither of which have been playing here since the 1998 tour.