Stratovarius Bassist Leaves Band

Oh boy, is all STILL not well in the Stratovarius camp? Glenn, I hope you have Pretty Maids lined up on the backburner in case Strat doesn't happen!!! Ok, or Running Wild.

I really hope this will not affect their performance as I am truly looking forward to seeing them close out the show this year. This is the most anticipated closing act in the history of PP for me. I just hope this is an isolated incident.

Can this be confirmed? I haven't been able to access the Strato forum for a couple days. And the comment seems to be from Tolkki to a Finnish newspaper, and we know how stories can sometimes be false.

I'm not doubting it really - and it's actually not that big of a deal since he was good but nothing that can't be replaced.

Not to slam Power Metal which I am very found of but Bassist seldomly make or break a PM band, most of the times they're so low in the mix its a shame. I'm sure they will figure something out.

ed

shreddy said:
Not to slam Power Metal which I am very found of but Bassist seldomly make or break a PM band, most of the times they're so low in the mix its a shame. I'm sure they will figure something out.

ed

True, and not to mention they are usually just playing the root note of the chord the guitar player is playing...it's like ac/dc bass playing just faster :tickled:

woosta said:
Oh boy, is all STILL not well in the Stratovarius camp? Glenn, I hope you have Pretty Maids lined up on the backburner in case Strat doesn't happen!!! Ok, or Running Wild.

Given the turmoil in the Strat camp over the past year this is not a good omen, though I think Jari got married last year as well, so maybe he wants to settle down at this point.