Stratovarius booked...

YtseJammer

Mar 22, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
at Jaxx in Virginia on Friday September 16.

I'm slightly pissed off to say the least. I thought the Progpower show was to be their US debut, now we find out they're playing the night before in Virginia.

No offense, but half the reason I'm coming to PP is to see their US debut. I could have just waited until they came to NYC.

www.jaxxroxx.com :Smug:

Seriously, that's BS! Of all places, Virginia to debut in. Being from NY also, I have to spend a crap load of money just to get down to Atlanta each year. I mean I was expecting so much more from the lineup this year. I gotta say, it's pretty weak from what's up so far. I was truly praying for Sonata Arctica.. that's all I wanted. Stratovarius is amazing and all but I could just stay here and see them. Not all the bands are bad, Symphorce is great and Pink Cream 69 is very good as well even though I don't know much by them but from what I've heard, it kicks ass. But Therion? I like some songs, but this is ProgPower not GothPower. Needless to say, I'm disappointed.

What pisses me off is that the band will obviously not be there until late Saturday afternoon which means no time to spend hanging out and chatting with them. That is the true appeal of Prog Power; getting to spend time in an intimate setting with your favorite bands. There goes seeing them at the pre-party, on Friday, and on Saturday for that matter. That blows!

Yeah, there goes any meet or greet session. Nightwish and Sonata Arctica were supposed to be doing tour together - hence probably not at progpower. Now tour is cancelled - so now no SA or NW this year. Then find out Strato's premier will be at Jaxx and no meet greet possible now.

:( Stratovarius is the biggest draw of this ProgPower for me, so I'm a little upset as well. Though it's not Glenn's fault...

To my knowledge, PP is the Strat debut and then they head up to Jaxx after that.

Strat & Therion have the same U.S. booking agent, so you can see a pattern that I cannot help. I

Don't sweat it though. The other two headlines spots are going to be U.S. exclusives if all goes right.

Glenn H.

I didn't hear anyone complain about Brainstorm last year. They premiered in Cleveland and from many comments I've read here, they blew the roof off of Earthlink. Who cares? It's not like there are 500 dates for Strat or Therion with the last being ProgPower.

And you all can go cram into Jaxx and stand there for 6 hours. I'd MUCH rather go to Atlanta and Earthlink to see bands of that calibur.

Yea, after hearing this I got a bit jealous, I want to see Stratovarius. But however heh, they haven't confirmed any dates in the Northeast. I hope they can play in a show around Boston or New York. I hope it can be even in my hometown of Worcester hah. Hoping and praying is a good time for me.

Actually, Therion has been scheduled for Friday the 16th for months now. I've probably been to their website over a billion times within the last few months waiting for "upcoming shows to be announced" (mainly, Strato). Stratovarius was just announced within the last few hours today, for Monday the 19th. looks like the cloud from Progpower weekend will continue well into the next week with this show!

Nightmare1z, sonata is still playing some shows. I'm going to their US debut at Jaxx in April :)