Stratovarius concert

stratowiruz

halminem
Jul 7, 2002
Helsinki Finland
Didn't write supporting acts to subject because they may vary a bit depends on city.

Well, at least two (2) concerts I saw were in Tampere and Helsinki (both in Finland, of course) with Symphony X supporting. I simply began to "love" that band and their music more and more. Before my feelings haven't been that stunning, since their style is a bit weird for me. After seeing them alive, made me a fan. Too bad they had only 45 minutes time to play... and in Helsinki they didn't play such an encore even if audience were begging for.

Stratovarius has came back to the stages, conquering bigger audiences. I have been enjoying their music quite a long, so my expectation are always pretty high... so can't be so "balanced" always. But already waiting for summer festival shows. The medley part blew me away, plus the fact that they played so many songs from Episode album which is my all time fave album from them and also about this type of music scene generally! Personal reasons...

So wait for you chances, you European, Japanese, South American and whoever have a possibility to see these bands alive. Probably also together with excellent Thunderstone supporting in the beginning. I was lucky enough to meet SyX band: all members, got photos and signatures! Michael Romeo really looks like Timo Tolkki, tho Tolkki is a lot taller... both are pretty big guys, I guess you know what I mean, hah. Excellent with their intruments!

Live in Tampere: Stratovarius with Symphony X

-= Symphony X =-

Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Wicked
King of Terrors
Communion and the Oracle
Evolution (The Grand Design)
Smoke and Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Of Sins and Shadows

-= Stratovarius =-

Eagleheart
Find Your Own Voice
The Kiss of Judas
Speed of Light
Soul of a Vagabond
Destiny/Fantasia
Father Time
Medley: Fright Night/The Hands of Time/We are the Future/Dreamspace/Tears of Ice/We Hold the Key
Forever
Stratofortress
Elements
Will the Sun Rise?
-------
Season of Change
Paradise
Hunting High and Low
-------
Black Diamond

(outro A Drop in the Ocean)

Live in Helsinki: Stratovarius with Symphony X

-= Symphony X =-

Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Wicked
Evolution (The Grand Design)
The Accolade
Accolade II
Out of the Ashes
Smoke and Mirrors
Sea of Lies

Stratovarius had totally same setlist in Helsinki, so no need to copy/paste it again here.