Discussion - favorite Stratovarius album?

Yeah...nice to see the "Strato" discussion continuing in depth.

Prior to "Polaris" I had pretty much given up on them to be honest. I picked up Elysium a week or so ago but haven't had time to properly listen to it as yet I'm afraid.

I remember back in 2000....Kiwi, Herman, Sam and ZP going over to Paris to see Stratovarius/Sonata Arctica, and I was gutted I couldn't go due to work commitments! Grrr!!!!

My bad Steve, I guess I shouldn't have dug it up... sorry.

It's not a problem at all ;)

K.

Did you pick up the regular edition of Elysium Steve? The Japanese and Deluxe editions both have bonus tracks and imo, the Japanese bonus track is the best song on the entire album.

Well, in regards to them touring, I haven't seen them since way back when I stopped listening to them. I guess now that Tolkki's no longer in the band if I have the money I'd probably go see them again seeing as he was my main reason for not wanting anything to do with the band anymore. :yuk:

Tolkki is a first rate asshole when he is drunk. :mad:

I'm honestly not a fan of pre-Episode Stratovarius except for five songs - The Hands of Time, Twilight Time, Out of the Shadows, Against the Wind, and Twilight Symphony - but those are also some of my all-time favorites by them.

Episode is definitely my favorite... that's one of the definitive power metal albums, in my opinion. Unbelievable stuff on that one.