Stratovarius 'Polaris'

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
From the Stratovarius website...

"Polaris cover art and track list
Mar 13, 2009

http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/Stratovarius-Polaris_cover.jpg

We are happy to publish the cover artwork and track list of the new Stratovarius album, Polaris.

Stratovarius -- Polaris

Deep Unknown
Falling Star
King of Nothing
Blind
Winter Skies
Forever Is Today
Higher We Go
Somehow Precious
Emancipation suite: I Dusk
Emancipation suite: II Dawn
When Mountains Fall

We will explain a little more about the concept and process of recording this album at a later time. The cover artist is the very talented Gyula Havancsák (http://hjules.com)"

Look at how beautiful that artwork is. Certainly looks to be a good year for music, what with this, Dream Theater's new album, possibly another Power Quest and Kamelot... all right!

Who said that cover art was dead. That's an awesome cover and from what i've heard this album will be much less of a dissapointment than Revolution Renaissance. :kickass:

Yea, that definitely ranks as one of the best covers I've seen in ages.

It was posted on the website on the 13th; the album doesn't come out for another two months. :p

Wow, check out Matias's playing. All of the samples played just further my belief that this album will be amazing... I have absolutely no doubt that it's going to rule!

Same here... the dude's videos on YouTube are phenomenal. I think one of his songs is called Hangover something, it's really, really good.

He is a shred monster :headbang: out of interest did anyone see the advert for the Strato shows in the UK in Classic Rock magazine? (May be in others too) that showed a pic of them from 2003!!! :lol:

Has anyone seen the music video for Deep Unknown, the first single?

Looks and sounds killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep that vid is ok but the song is really good. I pre-ordered my copy last week :headbang: as Steve said it's getting some good reviews and from the samples i've heard i'm not going to be dissapointed. roll on the 18th :kickass:

This is basically a Pagan's Mind song with Timo on vocals and Jens doing a guest keyboard solo. Still good though.

OK, so it's more accurate to call it a Pagan's Mind song less complex and with a few Strato characteristics (ie. Timo's voice, Jens keyboard solo, and key changes after double chorus), as well as being a little bit shorter than the average PM song. The way the keyboards are played throughout the song (apart from the solo), as well as the verses, bridge and chorus could very easily be from a PM track. If Nils K Rue was singing this, and nobody told you it was a Strato track, you would think it was Pagan's Mind.