Stratovarius - Elysium

A lot of it seems to be in culture, but it's also marketed better. Kids are encouraged to play music from early ages, and through playing, you learn to appreciate it more than the average person.

Thought it has something to do with the culture there! hehe

But what's interesting is why they are into Metal in particular.

If I weren't born English, fate must have been tempted to make me Finnish. Metal obsessed, vodka swilling pessemistic nature loving heathens :D :headbang: Sweden has some very good metal too though. Scandinavia in general kicks ass.

Makes me proud to be part Swedish :D In fact, I'm trying to study abroad at Uppsala University in Sweden sometime in the new few years... we'll see how that turns out.

Makes me proud to be part Swedish :D In fact, I'm trying to study abroad at Uppsala University in Sweden sometime in the new few years... we'll see how that turns out.

You're part Swedish? What part? The dick, I bet. :p

Nah, seriously. That's cool. If you ever come to Sweden, give me a call and we'll hang. I'll teach you some Swedish.

A Swedish friend told me off for saying Finland was Scandinavian.

Actually, we consider only Sweden, Denmark and Norway Scandinavian countries.

You're part Swedish? What part? The dick, I bet. :p

Nah, seriously. That's cool. If you ever come to Sweden, give me a call and we'll hang. I'll teach you some Swedish.

:lol: Sounds good, dude! I'd totally be up for that.

Damn right, I'm the most metal person in my village.

(Note that I said "village." I live a sad life.)

What do you mean by sad life? Just the fact that you have a girlfriend....that alone makes your life a very happy life

I'm forced to jack off by myself....so that's sad life.

1. that is far too much information, though it made me laugh
2. I was being sarcastic/self-deprecating, I don't really have a sad life

edit: actually, in all my years here, that may be the greatest thing ever posted

oh. im sorry if i offended you. it just sounded clearly serious when you said you have a sad life. didn't really seem you were being sarcastic.

do you dislike your life or something though?

Not at all, I have a very fine life. A bit stressful now and then but whose isn't?

Well now that its gone from a discussion from Stratovarius to Scandanavians to happy and sad lives, I would like to add that the new Strato album is superb, part of my complex lineage originated in Finland though I don't know where it went from there, and that my life is ABSOLUTELY SUPERLATIVE!!!!!!111

and as a sidenote, *fap* is an onomatopoiea (i think thats how thats spelled) that is much preffered on the internet as opposed to saying "jacking off" or something like that. lol i have no life :rofl:DDDDDDDD