Stratovarius - Elysium

My copy has been pre-ordered for some time now, yet I still feel guilty for listening to it before its release. I will say it's a stellar comeback, even moreso than Polaris was... Matias's contributions are incredibly strong and his playing is superb. TK's vocals still sound extraordinary and everyone is on fire with some incredible melodies and face melting solos. Already a contender for album of the year... You have competition, Steve! ;)

Depends on what you thought of Polaris. If you liked Polaris, you will *love* this, I think, because it's a massive improvement - the band gels so well together, and Lauri and Matias really bring some awesome stuff to the table. If I recall correctly, Matias contributed quite a lot of music and lyrics to this album (especially the title track, since that's mostly his composition), Jens and Lauri each contributed one song, and Kotipelto collaborated with Matias a lot.

Matias's tone has always intrigued me, ever since I first watched a bunch of his videos on YouTube. The guy has a wicked sound.

And he's only 27! Holy crap.

I remember meeting him and had one of those fanboy moments where I gushed at how good of a player he is, and he just kind of sheepishly smiled and shook my hand. Quiet guy, or possibly just frightened. :lol:

I remember meeting him and had one of those fanboy moments where I gushed at how good of a player he is, and he just kind of sheepishly smiled and shook my hand. Quiet guy, or possibly just frightened. :lol:
Yeah, quiet and modest. It's refreshing in the music industry! Quite quiet until beer happens.

One of their crew members was handling the merchandise and I believe he told me Jorg destroys the rest of the band in beer consumption, haha. That's frightening, given some of the drunk Jens stories I've heard (like getting naked on an airplane and approaching the stewardess).

Yeah, I think they all have a talent for drinking, though Timo told me he doesn't really drink after shows because he has to sing the next day. Yeah, Jens is a bit of a crazy bastard. Lauri is also one of the funniest/strangest guys in metal. :lol:

Man I see that many power metal bands are from finland is finland is obsessed with power metal or something?

And from the chaos in his mind~

(the wordplay and song references are becoming quite common as of late...)

Guys

Why are these countries obsessed with Metal? Do you have a clue?

I have a strong feeling that it has something to do with the religion/culture over there but I'm really not sure