Stratovarius - Elysium

Devastating news... best wishes to him and his family around these difficult times. Jorg is one of the most solid drummers in the world and a great guy, Stratovarius need him!

Feel a little cheeky putting up YouTubed songs when people should be supporting the band....but Stratovarius released 2 singles prior to the album coming out, Darkest Hours and Infernal Maze (click to listen). Have to say both of them are tremendous. The melodies, keys solos and the shred are bring-your-hand-to-your-mouth wonderful! This album will be stellar!

Love Statovarius, one of my fav bands, cant wait for this album. All the best to Jorg too.

Great news! Sounds like he'll have this monster crushed in no time at all.

Concerning Elysium, the song Event Horizon was played on some Japanese radio station - it's on YouTube somewhere now. The vocal melody has that post-Tolkki sound to it (not really as catchy as I was hoping for, but not bad), but the instrumentation... it's blistering fast, the solos are incredible. Good sign of things to come, along with Darkest Hours and Infernal Maze.

Hey, I've heard of this band a lot before but never actually heard them....are they good? what do they sound like?

They're very fast power metal with a lot of emphasis on keyboard-guitar dual solos. Lots of harpsichords and strings, they pretty much helped pioneer that sound of power metal. Check out the songs Black Diamond and Father Time, you won't be disappointed.

Are they similar to Power Quest in some way?

I'll check out these songs anyway...i'll search on youtube.

\m/ Infinite is such a good album. Mother Gaia and Infinity took ages to grow on me (still don't think they're too amazing except for the last couple minutes of Mother Gaia) but it's a classic power metal album!