Stratovarius to perform "Visions" in its entirety at ProgPower USA XV

My first year, so I can't say for sure if I'll go a second time, but based on what I hear about this and just from the quality of bands that show up, I'd definitely consider a second time, maybe with a slower sell out so my wallet can recover.

My co-workers already know I go every year so they expect me to be gone the second or third week in September. :lol:

Yea, and my husband knows we'll more than likely be celebrating our anniversary on some alternate date, :p. He's a good sport. Hope to bring him next year for the first time.

My first year, so I can't say for sure if I'll go a second time, but based on what I hear about this and just from the quality of bands that show up, I'd definitely consider a second time, maybe with a slower sell out so my wallet can recover.

I can assure you that you'll want to sell yourself on the corner to make that $150 ticket price.

My co-workers already know I go every year so they expect me to be gone the second or third week in September. :lol:

haha for the past month or so a few coworkers have been asking me in the hallways/at the coffee maker "Hey, isn't it about time for that thing you always go to down south?"

I can assure you that you'll want to sell yourself on the corner to make that $150 ticket price.

This will be my first ProgPower. Back in October when I bought the ticket it was Stratovarius and Jon Oliva's Pain that sold the ticket for me. In fact, I found out about JOP playing on JOP's web site. (Thanks Kong.) At the time $150 seemed a bit high.... at the time... Now - $150 seems like an incredible bargain, and this year's lineup is easily worth $300-400 a ticket.

Visions in its entirety "first song to last". Unbelievable. Freaking unbelievable.

The PPXV festival will be one for the ages.

I started coming originally because Iced Earth was there with Barlow. I'd always wanted to, but that year I had the motive and means to make it happen.

I pretty much didn't even need to see the next lineup to know I wasn't going to stop. It's only ever been better and better. If I want to see a third of the roster the ticket price is still a bargain. Plus I've seen so many musicians that I've lionized in my mind that have actually wanted to have conversations and take pics and stuff...just amazing.

The whole reason that SkiBumMSP (Steve) and I started going to PP USA was because of Stratovarius. We've been going ever since. The news that they're playing Visions in its entirety makes it even better.

(And as a co-sponsor I'll have a front row seat!)

I think seasoned bands doing full albums is the wave of the future for festival performances. For the bands that play the fests every year, it's a way to keep the setlist full of songs that aren't tour fodder, and for the fans that have seen them many times, it's something special.

Personally, I support it (if it's performed well), and it opens up a lot of cool opportunities for the future. Even at ProgPower.

Damn, damn, damn!!!!!! How can this thing get any better????? I have been coming to PP since #V. "Visions" also got me into Strato. Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!!! I am already tired from just thinking about Friday night!!! Whatever patience I had for 9/12/2014 to get here just evaporated!!!! Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!! :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

Chris :headbang:

Visions has always been my favorite CD of theirs next to Episode.... I spun both of those probably thousands of times... I tried to turn some guy at work who's into metal into Stratovarius and while he said he liked the music, but the lyrics were the most godawful thing he's ever seen, so he had to pass(He's more of a lyric guy).....I do agree with that, but Strat has always been about catchy songs, never ever about lyrics....I'll always love old classic Stratovarius, but when I read lyrics to songs like "Infinity" or "Paradise" the first time, I too cringed at just how horrible the lyrics are. BUT the music is so fun and enjoyable that I can forgive them for that shortcoming :)....

I'll be honest and say that I haven't listened to Stratovarius in quite some time. However, once I heard that they were playing Visions in its entirety, I went back and put the album in my CD player, and it reminded me of why I liked that album so damn much in the early 2000's. This will be truly awesome.