Stratovarius to perform "Visions" in its entirety at ProgPower USA XV

At the end of the night on Saturday, Glenn should just go on stage and do a mic drop and walk off. :)

Well, ProgPower was already looking to be my favorite thing of the entire year, but this is just overkill at this point. Everything else I'm doing all year didn't stand a chance.

Oh! My! Gawd! I thought last year was epic, but holy shit this is going to friggan EPIC on a whole new level! I friggan LOVE Visions and to get to see it performed live while I am standing there front and center! This is just going to be sick!

Random attendee: "Hey Glenn, how will you ever top this year?"

Glenn: "I'm pretty much fucked."

I hope you don't top this year. I may not leave the venue for 4 days!!! I usually look for a few bands that I'm not too excited to see so I can get some food and rest. I don't see that happening this year, if you top it next year I'm screwed!!

As if this year's fest wasn't already going to kick some major ass, now there's another reason to celebrate. This is wonderful news! I still hope that they fit a decent amount of newer material into their set, as this band has really hit a tremendous stride over the last three albums, but the opportunity to hear a classic album like this is definitely something not to be missed.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

This is great news, as Visions was the 1st album I got by Stratovarius, and it will be awesome to hear it in its entirety--especially songs like "Abyss in Your Eyes" which rarely (if ever) gets played live.

So, how do they top this lineup next year?

This is awesome! I hate to say that it has been hard to try and listen to their entire catalog in preparation...now I just have to focus on on CD!

I'm not complaining AT ALL, but would anybody else have been as equally stoked to see Fright Night played all the way through? I think that one is my favorite, with visions a second.

I really love all of these whole album shows coming this year. That is what is making this so special. You really backed yourself into a corner, Glenn! Congrats! After all this I can imagine watching next years line up video and thinking "...well....that's.....nice?" when next years bands are announced. Not, "holy shit! HOLY shit! NO WAY!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!" that was this years lineup. It really is impossible to top this year. I know you can't say, but hopefully there are plans for next year to do more full albums maybe?

So, how do they top this lineup next year?

I'm realistic and I hope the fans are as well. You don't. This was supposed to be the end and the special sets are a result of that originally. It took 12 years to potentially top PP USA III with this one. We have had a hell of a good time with great shows in between along the way. I hope folks understand that and come back next year.