Stratovarius U.S. tour

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
Finnish Attack Tour To Feature STRATOVARIUS, FINTROLL

The reunited Finnish metallers STRATOVARIUS, complete with vocalist Tim Kotipelto, will launch their first North American tour in September. It is not planned to be the usual handful of dates, but a full-blown club tour, from Atlantic to Pacific. FINNTROLL, the dark metal outfit who mix native humpa rhythms and Finnish-only lyrics into a death metal approach, will engage in their own tour, in September.

Hmmm, does this mean they are doing Progpower.......

Wow, i guess nothing can be kept quiet these days; not even till March 1. I really feel for Glenn this year; the man busts his ass to put this show together, and then shit leaks out left and right forcing him to go public long before he intends.

This doesn't mean Strat is playing PP for sure, but if what you are saying is definitely true (U.S. tour in Sept.), why would anyone have reason to think otherwise. It really just pisses me off that I can't find out the old fashioned way (by logging onto the PP website on March 1 and procedding to flip out!)

Sick news nonetheless, and it is about time...

:::screaming in excitement:::!!!!!!

My friend just called & told me this news!!!! I'm still going nuts!!! Finally they will make their long awaited debut. I will be there for their NYC/NJ debut, & it will be VERY nice if they're one of the confirmed bands for ProgPower! :)

i'd still like to see finntroll though... that's pretty hopeless unless they go somewhere in the GULF. if strato are in fact booked for PP, they probably won't touch the southeast (see therion for further proof) other than the one off date. but at least i'll get to see strato

nightwish58 said:
. I really feel for Glenn this year; the man busts his ass to put this show together, and then shit leaks out left and right forcing him to go public long before he intends.

Thanks. Sometimes, you just gotta laugh. ;)

No official comment otherwise as I keep my promises (unlike others). If something changes officially by tomorrow, you folks will know it.

Glenn H.

I saw Stratovarius in Germany a couple years ago. They were good, but not nearly as much *fun* as their opening bands...

The news is on BraveWords.com....

This is fucking sick news!! I am so excited!! I was at my friends house with a couple people watching the WWE Royal Rumble. The person who started this thread (a friend of mine) phoned me to tell me the news and I proceeded to shit my pants. I couldn't concentrate on one wrestling match the rest of the night. All I am thinking about is seeing STRATO fucking VARIUS.

Also Glenn, I am sorry dude. I too really feel for you. You do bust your balls to bring us all an amazing experience and it sucks that so much has leaked out this year. Therion and Stratovarius would have blown my mind when you made your announcements if this was not leaked ahead of time. Your work doesn't go unnoticed though and I still want to attend your festival even though I will be able to see Therion and Strato in NYC.

Whooooooooooppppppeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Thats going to suck if they are playing PPUSA, that they just couldn't wait a couple weeks to announce it. Another clusterfuckup.

Bear

I can't stand Stratovarious. I never understood the appeal... But I guess they are popular so if you guys are excited than that's cool.

Maybe I'm just not listening to the right stuff... I heard Visions which I understood to be their best and it did nothing for me.

Mephistopheles said:
I can't stand Stratovarious. I never understood the appeal... But I guess they are popular so if you guys are excited than that's cool.

Maybe I'm just not listening to the right stuff... I heard Visions which I understood to be their best and it did nothing for me.
- I am with you on this one....although I do like some of their stuff, I don't understand the hype about them either. I"m sure if they play PP, they'll put on a good show though- people have been wanting this for years!

-Sheri