Stratovarius's New Album

IceDragonX

Schiavo Della Notte
Feb 17, 2003
Visit site
Just got their new album "Elements Pt. 1". Thought it was overall a good album and I enjoyed it. Got to love the fire/water babe in the front. :D One of the songs in the middle made me feel a bit too...um..love and peace kind of deal. But hey, good first song to kick off the album. I just think it dipped into a low point in the middle of the cd some where and then regained itself towards the end.

What is your opinion?

I love the album overall, but honestly, the first song sucks in my opinion. Is that the same exact melody to "Hunting High and Low" or what? It is a commercial 4 minute opener, radio friendly song that I feel like they think they had to do just to release a single. Anyway, after that, the album is superb! I love the orchestrations and the guitar/keyboard work is nothing short of superb!

I like the first song, because it's one of the catchiest damn things I've ever heard. I know it's very much like Hunting High and Low, but something about it makes it stick in my mind even more. IceDragonX, I assume the song you're talking about is Papillon...that song was pretty lame in my opinion. Most of the other ones are great though, and I love the album overall. Kudos to Stratovarius for trying something new, but not TOO new.

wow you didnt like the first song nightwish?? I never heard that song "hunting high and low" but I think the first song just catches my attention quickly. I didnt really like the lyrics to the first song, but the tune was appealing. It reminded me of a megaman game for some reason.

I was very disappointed with this cd. It's a big step backward and there's nothing even close to the level of "Hunting High and Low". I can hear nothing but Helloween on the first song and then the rest sounds like it should have been released 4 cds ago.

Elements Part. I sucks! I am very disappointed with the path that Stratovarius has taken since releasing Visions. Destiny was mediocre, Infinity terrible, and Elements is just plain horrible. Stratovarius is becoming way to boring and commercial. I think they are more concerned with making a lot of money than with actually writing good music. If Elements Pt. II sounds similar, which it probably will, then I will definitely not buy it.

Did any one feel like he should have been singing michael jackson's "heal the world! make it a better place! For you and for me and the entire human race!" some where in the song "Fantasia"??? Because that was the vibe I got from it...it was um..strange. LOL. :lol: Not to mention all of the religion bashing it dishes out through most of the album.

Boo to the Strats on this one. I am a major Stratovarius fan, but can't swallow this album. I will give them credit for trying something new, just not what I wanted them to do.....however, they'd still kick ass at PP IV!!!!!