Stream my band's debut record here. For fans of Mastodon/Opeth/Floyd/Elbow

I don't think the production is bad by any means, I think you have to understand the musical basis for it - tight controlled drums would not work here at all.

The albums great but what I will say tho is I actually prefered your earlier mixes circa Perplexed Again, was that still you mixing at that point? If so I'd say you should do it again for the next one because your mix definitely had a better balance around that critical 2-3k region.

I feel like the vast majority of your critiques are negative :lol:

On another noted I've been digging the album a lot, would love to hear it live though! Maybe someday.

Yeah i think they are but i don't have a problem being positive, im just hard to please. And im usually quite clear about saying its just my opinion and not saying it sucks overall. In this case all The other elements sounds great i just wished the drums where a bit more polished.

and yeah the music is great too!

Sounds a bit like one of my friends bands Moloken, have you heard them?
I understand that the mix should be a bit dirty, but I still agree with Crillemannen about the drums. Still you got a fitting production overall for your kind of music. Keep rocking!

Damn, this is fucking great!! :kickass: Will definitely buy this, one for me and one for my pal - he'll fall in love with this :lol:.

You are awesome!

Cool music but the production ruins it a bit for me, not my cup of tea at all :/ All sounds good but i wished the drums sounded better, just thin and yeah like unmixed raw drums really.

I'll have to wholeheartedly and respectfully disagree. We served the vibe perfectly in my opinion. Many, if not all of my favourite records are often the most humble in terms of their production. Listening to this record now, it immediately puts me back in the studio we recorded at - the sense of space, the ambience, the nuances, the pedal clicks, the weird noises - everything is deliberate, even the most incidental aspects. Listen to records like Abbey Road or Sgt Peppers. Same thing there! The beauty is in its humility.

I understand your view, I just think we would have got it entirely wrong if we were cleaning things up, altering performances, chopping drums, adding samples, taking DIs - all the stuff associated with modern productions. We didn't do those things on purpose - it's a mindset. The fidelity of this record is spot on. I guess we were a little vindicated because we signed to Roadrunner off the back of it! If we went for a Gojira sound - I couldn't live with myself! (Great band of course!) But your critique is duly noted, I respect your work too, it's just not my bag. Production is as subjective as music!

But yeh, I love humble productions - we didn't want to achieve anything other than to satisfy our own creative vision. We did! :kickass:

I don't think the production is bad by any means, I think you have to understand the musical basis for it - tight controlled drums would not work here at all.

The albums great but what I will say tho is I actually prefered your earlier mixes circa Perplexed Again, was that still you mixing at that point? If so I'd say you should do it again for the next one because your mix definitely had a better balance around that critical 2-3k region.

Ha, thanks man! I don't mix anymore.

I feel like the vast majority of your critiques are negative :lol:

On another noted I've been digging the album a lot, would love to hear it live though! Maybe someday.

Yes! We'll be touring a lot next year.

Sounds a bit like one of my friends bands Moloken, have you heard them?
I understand that the mix should be a bit dirty, but I still agree with Crillemannen about the drums. Still you got a fitting production overall for your kind of music. Keep rocking!

I'll check them out, nice one! Always looking for new music!

Yeah just stated my opinion :) and i totally understood that the production is totally intentional.

Just don't forget this sentence i wrote:

"Yeah the music is awesome too"

Cool to see you guys are going places best of luck!

Yeah just stated my opinion :) and i totally understood that the production is totally intentional.

Just don't forget this sentence i wrote:

"Yeah the music is awesome too"

Cool to see you guys are going places best of luck!

You're based in Sweden aren't you dude? Fingers crossed we get there some time - we should grab a beer if so! Nice one for listening man :cool: