Streaming the video announcement?

zedowns

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I don't know what it takes to able to do this, so basically I'm just wondering if this is financially possible.

Everyone who's been to PP these past two years knows the excitement of seeing the video live. Since I won't be making it this year, I'd love to be able to stream the video from home and chat with fellow devotees that couldn't make it.

The videos one of the coolest things about the fest, and I'd love to be able to experience it as it happens. Its definitely more exciting than just a list of bands.

There will be no streaming of the video. The "experience" of sharing it will remain for those in attendance only.

The unedited copy will be placed on the website on the Monday following the fest for 48 hrs. The edited version will replace it after that.

There will be no streaming of the video. The "experience" of sharing it will remain for those in attendance only.

The unedited copy will be placed on the website on the Monday following the fest for 48 hrs. The edited version will replace it after that.

Fair enough. It really is quite a treat and quite an "experience" to see the video at the festival.

I guess I can just check on Twitter as it's announced. :)

thanks...Those who are PAYING to attend the festival should be able to see the video first.

Doubtlessly, someone will record it as it plays and post it on youtube 20 minutes later. Unless I get to them first and yank the camera out of their hands...via their lower orifice lol.

But by then everyone will know who the bands are anyway.

people will know the bands because Jen texts it out which is fine...but the video should only been seen Friday night by those of us who spent our money to SUPPORT the festival by attending.

Someone usually posts it here on the forum as it happens, don't they?
Kind of hard to prevent with smart phones.

Even as a non-attendee who would like to see such a stream, I agree that this should be reserved as something special for those in attendance.

people will know the bands because Jen texts it out which is fine...but the video should only been seen Friday night by those of us who spent our money to SUPPORT the festival by attending.

I agree with you, but you make it sound like some of us who said it'd be cool to have the stream don't support the festival. I've supported ProgPower since ProgPower III and the only reason why I won't be there this year is because I'm getting married the month after and the finances just aren't there this year. It doesn't mean I don't spend my money to support the festival. Believe me, I do it every year with the exception of 2010.

Sounds like a hastle for the maybe 5-10 people who would be waiting for it at 1:30am.