Stryper/Theocracy Tour?

This would be awesome. But it would also be extremely annoying to see Theocracy with a bunch of 40 year old guys around who just want to see Stryper. I've been to a Stryper show and that's exactly how it is. I'd much rather see Theocracy headline a small show.

Thanks for posting prometheus. I added my support (my CMR account wasn't active anymore, so I had to create a new one).

This would be a huge development for Theocracy and probably the only way they could realistically tour the US. I sure wish I lived in Europe...

personally I'd have to say it would be a shame for Theocracy to associate itself with such a lame band. but that's just me. :p

I would definitely not miss a Stryper/Theocracy show! I am a bigger Theocracy fan, but I was a Stryper fan first. "No More Hell To Pay" is a return to form for them.

I could see the benefit for both bands. A lot of the 40 year olds (like me :D ) love and support Theocracy. Stryper at the moment is riding pretty high with the release of NMHTP, and it could open some doors for Theocracy, as well as have Theocracy breathe some new life into Stryper's fan base. If you've ever seen Stryper live, you know that these old farts can put on one hell of a show. Maybe even better than in their hey day.

If anything, Theocracy could support Stryper on a South East leg of the tour, as some of the band members have day jobs that would be hard to take off time to do a full tour.

I believe JayArby was teasing.

If you've ever seen Stryper live, you know that these old farts can put on one hell of a show.

This is one of the reasons I initially said it would be awesome. I don't actually like Stryper, but I did see them put on an extremely entertaining show.

Another of those 40 year old fans here!

I saw Stryper live in 1989 and, much as I adored their music, wasn't particularly impressed by the show, but I would still love to see the old rockers supporting Theocracy, if only for old time's sake.

Stryper has toured Australia 3 times already. How about a fourth with Theocracy? That would be nice!

The last Stryper album I bought was Reborn, but thanks to this discussion, I might just go get No More Hell to Pay for Christmas.

Another of those 40 year old fans here!

I saw Stryper live in 1989 and, much as I adored their music, wasn't particularly impressed by the show, but I would still love to see the old rockers supporting Theocracy, if only for old time's sake.

Stryper has toured Australia 3 times already. How about a fourth with Theocracy? That would be nice!

The last Stryper album I bought was Reborn, but thanks to this discussion, I might just go get No More Hell to Pay for Christmas.

Out of their latest music, NMHTP is a definite.

@Aish : While i´m also one of those 40year old fans (okay, 39, but i feel i belong to the group, Rawshik talked about*g*) here´s an advice : buy "Murder by Pride" first. I still don´t like Reborn(never liked it - still i don´t find a single song on it to like), but Murder by Pride has some GREAT songs on it. In my opinion it´s much better than the new one. It´s okay, but there are not such killer songs like 4 leaf Clover, Murder by Pride or the cool Cover Peace of mind. Great album all in all while No more hell to pay is "just" okay (but way better than Reborn...so you´ll be surprised anyway !)

@Rawshik : As an old Stryper Fan and LONGTIME Theocracy fan i think you shouldn´t underestimate the "old" guys ;-)

Reactions: Aish!
I agree with some of the sentiments about "Murder By Pride." It's a good Stryper album (4 Leaf Clover and Murder By Pride also being my faves off that album). I probably like NMHTP better, but it's really too soon to tell. Michael Sweet has said "Reborn" was supposed to be a Michael Sweet solo album and got turned into a Stryper by re-recording some of the drums and adding IGWT. So one's love of "Reborn" may depend on one's love of Michael Sweet's solo material. :)

If you want to buy NMHTP, there is no better time than now. It is on sale for $7.77 at www.stryper.com for a limited time (77 hours – Thursday, November 14 (10am EST) until Sunday, November 17 (3pm EST)).

...And, no, I don't work for the band. :)

@Rawshik : As an old Stryper Fan and LONGTIME Theocracy fan i think you shouldn´t underestimate the "old" guys ;-)

I don't underestimate and totally respect you guys, it's just weird being surrounded by beer-bellied men in leather jackets all talking about the good ole days of metal.

Likewise, well cultivated FOOD belly - and facial hair I couldn't have dreamed of owning as a skinny young metal lover!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've just found it hard to justify spending money on Stryper since discovering harder and faster Speed-, Power-, Prog- and Symphonic Metal bands in the last few years.

So, in an attempt to get things back on topic, I'd really rather see HB and/or Sonata Arctica play with Theocracy, but maybe Stryper would be a better contrast.

personally I'd have to say it would be a shame for Theocracy to associate itself with such a lame band. but that's just me. :p

This guy is a hack! And even worse to know that he's serious!! This would be the greatest tour ever!! I would travel almost anywhere to see it, my most nostalgic band along with my favorite new band... :yow:

I don't underestimate and totally respect you guys, it's just weird being surrounded by beer-bellied men in leather jackets all talking about the good ole days of metal.

Haha! No beer-belly here. I'm about the same weight I was in high school. Though I do have a bit less hair and a lot more gray on top! :loco:

But I also have 5 more years until 40. :D