Studio build!

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
Hey guys! My project studio is finally done! It's nothing amazing but everyone has to start somewhere. I'm super excited to start working with local bands and writing music. Anyways, here is my main room. I have 2 other rooms just like this but I don't have any gear to put in them yet. Enjoy!

Also give my page a like? I know it's stupid, but it means alot to me <3

If you have any questions then fire away!

Just opened the door for the first time on my lease!
BM5Nz.jpg

Making a desk aka. winging it
p8SXI.jpg

Coming to shape
wCpbf.jpg

Putting the top sheets on
LSyiW.jpg

Figuring out how to do the top shelf
GoZwT.jpg

Construction Complete
e4DSy.jpg

Organizing cables and boxes
WZMvH.jpg

Primer is on
NE8H5.jpg

Watching paint dry
Ob6iB.jpg

Desk is set up!
kkZV2.jpg

Prototype Bass trap!
llMTK.jpg

Monitors are in!
KQ4xL.jpg

I went on a spending spree
Us0Io.jpg

Almost done
VhRXC.jpg

Final Shots!

Door shot
4exY0h.jpg

Desk
qcPA9h.jpg

ISA One PRE
raNrNh.jpg

DIY E drum kit
V1UEwh.jpg

I came up with this logo in photoshop, I don't have any graphic design skills but I though it came out decent
6ASaA.jpg

Nice.. but I would've put the monitors and desk on the wall with the sofa (on the door shot) facing the long way of the room. :)

I thought about it (and still kind of am considering it) but almost every acoustics person I consulted told me that the position that it is in will be more effective than that position. Logically I feel like it's not right but I'm not gonna argue, acoustics is one hell of a concept to fully grasp

Looks awesome dude! If the first reflection point on your left is on the wall by the vent and not all the way over by the door I would cover it with a panel, and if not I would probably move everything over to the other wall like vespiz said.

Although if your stereo image is good enough right now then fuck it! Having the door behind you is weird anyway. There were some good tests for that in this thread:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/562257-quick-home-studio-monitor-tests.html