Studio diary

I'd like to know what happenedto Infernal Death as well. Title changed or did it got dropped off the album? What about "The Black Waltz" is it a rerecorded demo song from Ancestor's Material World God - demo (1996)? Or is the title just reused?

My guess would be that it's a Death song because they are another of Kalmah's big influences, them or Paradise Lost. I'd love to hear a Dream Theater cover :D but I doubt that will happen...

would be cool though :headbang:

Revenant said:
My guess would be that it's a Death song because they are another of Kalmah's big influences, them or Paradise Lost. I'd love to hear a Dream Theater cover :D but I doubt that will happen...

would be cool though :headbang:

Have you heard Eternal Tears of Sorrow's cover of "As I Die" by Paradise Lost? I find it much better than the original.

And a Dream Theater song would kick ass, especially if it was "Change of Seasons" :)

The Bringer said:
Dream Theatre would be awesome or maybe Iron Maiden. Exactly what songs HAVE they covered?

Eternal Tears of Sorrow already did Flight of Icarus by Maiden, so I don't think Kalmah would be doing a Maiden cover. Besides Maiden, EToS also did a Paradise Lost cover. I suspect Kalmah's cover song on The Black Waltz is going to be a lesser-popular yet badass song (Skin O My Teeth) by one of Antti's influences (Old Megadeth).

It would be cool if it was Electric Eye/The Hellion by Judas Priest.

1st official Kalmah release has always been my favorite..Alteration and Using the Word. Finland pre-order or not, I will acquire such splendid music in the oncoming 4th assault. I do have a question for Mr. Kokko if he grazes the pages here --- what is the all-more worthwhile, Oulu or Sibelius?

16112005_3.gif

Acoustic guitars!!!! Just for the flavour or do they play a bigger role in the album?

Infernium said:
16112005_3.gif

Acoustic guitars!!!! Just for the flavour or do they play a bigger role in the album?

If I'm not mistaken, that could very well be the same guitar Antti used to record The River Flows Frozen. Any insight on this Antti?

btw, I think the addition of an acoustic guitar will add an amazing effect to the album. Whether it's a common thing throughout the album or just for one song, I can't wait to hear it.

I kinda hope there will be some waltz elements in the album added with brutal guitars and growl vocals. Atleast on the tittle song. Maybe a little similar to what Finntroll did with humppa, but at somewhat smaller and more serious scale. I can imagine it already; extremely fast part of finnish waltz together with rising Kalmah style guitars joining the rhythm and Pekka´s low growls filling the air with dark athmosphere. I doubt that will happen thought but it would be really interesting.