Studio Diary updated for December

Necrometer

Jun 8, 2006
http://www.kalmah.com/music_studiodiary.htm#191207

We had a month break as you may have noticed. Meanwhile we had to chance to listen carefully recorded guitars and drums which was good. We have always recorded albums within continuous period. I found this way better because there is time to get used to the sound and maybe fix something or add something if desired.

Anyway right now we have done all recordings. There wasn`t enough time to update the diary before but here we go. Last week Marco did keys and Lede did all bass tracks. Pekka started to test vocals on some tracks as well. At the end of the week bass and keys was done and it was time for vocals and rest of the guitar solos. Last saturday we did group shouts and had fun as always! Thanks for the official Kalmah pig unit!

On sunday Pekka finished vocal parts and we checked the tracks after that. Sounds pretty damn good so far.

We will continue with mixing at the beginning of next year. Saty tuned!

Check out new pics in gallery.
http://www.kalmah.com/images/gallery/index.html

pic35.jpg

the more people buy the CD's the more chance the tours will begin, and we can agree we all just want that.

what your speaking of cannot be doubted, but I think that eventually if the band would do such a thing like putting the album on the site (which I didn't thought seriously, moreover I think it would be an insane act from every band who wants to earn some money from its music) it wouldn't make people reconsider; so whats I'm talking about is, whoever wants to buy the album buys it, whoever wants who download it downloads it (sooner or later the person finds a way to do this). Furthermore I think downloading the album isn't the worst thing in every case as it could make people to buy it because its so good, they want to help the band :)

Posted Jan 11:
After holidays the mixing has started and we are pretty far at this point. The main sound has been set for almost every song. I feel pretty damn pleased at this point. The sound is just amazing! Now at weekend we listen to the result and figure out the rest ot the details to be added. End of next week the album will be ready for mastering. We will release the album title and the song titles in the near future as well, so, keep your palms sweating.

- A.Kalma