Studio House Guitar Ideas?

departed

Jan 2, 2010
London, UK
So i'm fed up of the badly set up, poorly looked after guitars that people are bringing into the studio to record with me. I'd like to invest in a decent guitar for studio use, providing decent DI's and stuff. I've already allowed certain people to use my american telecaster and jazz bass but the tele is obviously not useful for metal.

What do you guys think of an ESP EC1000?
Is it a little more than i should be spending for a house guitar?
any alternatives would be cool.

So i'm fed up of the badly set up, poorly looked after guitars that people are bringing into the studio to record with me. I'd like to invest in a decent guitar for studio use, providing decent DI's and stuff. I've already allowed certain people to use my american telecaster and jazz bass but the tele is obviously not useful for metal.

What do you guys think of an ESP EC1000?
Is it a little more than i should be spending for a house guitar?
any alternatives would be cool.

You could find an EC-500, which essentially an EC-1000 minus the "bling". I've recorded/played quite a few EC-1000s, and I ended up buying myself the old see through black cherry red EC-500. Great guitar.

Personally, I'd rather go for a MH. The Eclipses are very nice guitars, but the MH offers quite a bit more versatility while sounding similar: The longer scale is better for downtuning and the higher frets are easier to reach.

I'd go for maximum versatility in a house guitar.

Haha keep in mind...

For in house guitars I have...:

Ibanez S540 LTD
LTD MV-300
LTD SC607B
LTD EC-500
Ibanez GIO 7 (LOL I know right?)

So the EC-500 fits a particular niche my others did not.