Moving House/Studio Rooms

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
There's a possibility that in the next few of months I'll be moving home. My girlfriend has asked me to move in with her at her new place and said I could use the spare room as a studio/audio room so I could keep up recording/mixing etc.

It's slightly bigger than the room I'm in just now but there are a few obstacles in the way, mainly door and window positioning.

The room is 236cm wide 333cm long and 238cm high.
It's longer than the room I'm in just now, which is good as it gives me about an extra meter of space and isn't a square room.

I've got bass traps around this little room I'm in just now, all the corners have floor to ceiling traps stradling the corners.

I've attached a very rough, not to scale drawing of the room layout.
photo-1_zps917b9d0b.jpg

As you can see, in 3 of the 4 corners of the room, there's either a door or a window. I'd like to have my rig setup against the wall with the window. I don't think the window is that close to the left hand wall, but it's pretty close and not far enough away for my trap to sit at a decent angle.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could set this room up should I choose to move in. Or even any alternative

Should say, I'm not hesitating on moving or basing my move on this room. I've got my own place with a lease etc and I need to sort this house out before I could move, hence.. it could be a few months down the line before I move :)

Cheers for any tips/advice etc.

Also, here's a (really poor) view of my current mix setup
panorama_zps75fbd0df.jpg